ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

french pressed plates?

clio 182
i wanna put a set of french pressed plates on my 182? has anyone had any unwanted problems with them? (police) let me know cheers!

If they arent stamped with the BSAU stamp you could get a fine,

Uk Dubmeister legal plates have the stamp and are just pressed plates with uk font and spacing... so id go with them

french/german font and spacing you risk the pull and the fine/points... its all a game with illegal plates.

ph1-172
i've had pressed plates on my last 3 cars
german white front and rear on my G40 only got stopped once, i was driving like a c**k though.
black and silver on a volvo 340,
and french on the clio.

so in about 5 years of driving with them i've been stopped once, it was a £30 fine, no points. I think thats not bad, so still use them they look better than standard. If i was getting fined every month then maybe i'd take them off but for now i'll just pay up.

just do it

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
DONT BOTHER its old hat, beleive me you get hassle of the police n i only drive slow so go figure.

You could buy some legal ones from dubmeister british font so defeats the object of getting french plates orrr you could get some of them ones from shows were they have the "F" for france and (the best bit) German font defo french plates LMAO.

BG 182
I would buy some purely for show, such as FCS etc, not for the road, more hassle than they are worth IMO