ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French electrics at their very best lol

I've come across quite a few strange things whilst owning Clios but this one is rather weird.

With the engine running, everytime I press the brake pedal the lights on the speedo light up and once i take my foot off the pedal they go off again. It's not putting the side lights on, or any other exterior light on it's just the lights on the clocks.

Anyone else had this issue or know what's causing it?

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Check your battery, mine was all over the place when my battery was dying but a brand new one sorted everything out

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I had this yeah, it's because your brake light switch needs adjusting. I think it was because it was in too far... try pulling it out a click.

HBT 172 Cup
My fog light bulb on the dash dials lights up everytime i touch the brake pedal does my nut in, but ive yet to investigate why it actaully does it. a crappy earth no doubt.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
My fog light bulb on the dash dials lights up everytime i touch the brake pedal does my nut in, but ive yet to investigate why it actaully does it. a crappy earth no doubt.
Mine done this. Take rear lights out disconnect the wiring and clean connections with contact cleaner. Worked for me, everything perfect now. As said dirt, corrosion or condensation can effect the earth.

clio grande
guaranteed fix for a lot of clio electrical issues - it's a crappy earth TWIST THE PRONGS IN THE REAR LIGHT CLUSTER CONNECTORS A LITTLE, this makes the contact work when re-plugged in - people are replacing light clusters and all sorts, DON'T. These just happen to work because they are slightly larger in size where the prong goes in! The earth one is 3rd down maybe, do em all if unsure, few degrees with long-nosed pliers. DONE!