ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show - Good Day Out

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
RichMcc;2986972Who was the guy with all the decals and the yoza exhaust? We were following you for ages on the way there but I think you mistook us for a 197 it was a bent 1.2 clio 3 hahahaha[/quote said:
Carina maybe? I can't remember which 197 had a yozzasport exhaust.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
it is a difficult one i know i think it was a bit of a shame though that we were left to our own ways to find our own way there at our own time.

oh and if meganesport had of done their research they'd of known about the rear entrance where there wasn't any queue at all.

Ah Alex it was you following me to the show :) We skipped a massive queue haha!

Dan

BMW E46 330i Touring
DSC00438copy-1.gif

Yay, my car did get it's photo taken! Possibly the most un-browsed section of the entire showground...

Highlight of the day for me was on the journey home. Driving past Tucks in his Williams, I believe it was TomS (apologies if I'm incorrect) in the passenger seat wearing a Darth Vader mask! Legend! :D It was brilliant the way he just gave an approving nod across to us when we went past. Just imagined Darth Vader saying "alright?" Lmfao.

Lol, Vader was giving us, and random strangers, approving nods all the way up... it means he likes you. ;) The plan was to smuggle it onto the teack session but I don't think Tucks got the opportunity.

clio v6
i said to my missus (passenger) there is maz...she has my utmost respect...great girl.

you got more guts than a lot of blokes!!

Maz

LY 200
My track time with Williams clio was much better, managed to get the right lines and I really enjoyed it.

Cheers thats really kind of you :)

clio v6
you should try and get a small group to come to devon on the 26th Aug to our airfield day...you would really love it.

you could come on the sat and we all could go out in Exeter for a couple of beers.

i could get you some prices on cheap B&B for the night.
its only £20.00 each for the track...free if you just want to watch.

failing that me and mandy would put a few up at our house...on the floor tho..lol

Last edited:
Anyone got any idea whos the white Valver was sat alone in the CS stand area at gone 6pm?

Yes, it was Paul's (white16valver).

He was with mysself and the rest of Yozza's crew dismanteling the awning and getting everything packed away.

I gave him a lift back round to the club area after we were done (about 6-30'ish), his car was sat there on its lonesome - poor little white valver:(

That truck was amazingly clever but a pain in the arse lol

Think I was also about the only white valver at the show? There may have been a couple more somewhere but I didn't see them.

Judging from the current fashion for white cars, I appear to have been ahead of the game by at least a couple of years ;) lol :rasp:

Maz

LY 200
you should try and get a small group to come to devon on the 26th Aug to our airfield day...you would really love it.

you could come on the sat and we all could go out in Exeter for a couple of beers.

i could get you some prices on cheap B&B for the night.
its only £20.00 each for the track...free if you just want to watch.

failing that me and mandy would put a few up at our house...on the floor tho..lol

Aww thats so kind of you both thank you :)

Unfortinatly im doing a track day the week before so cash will be an issue until mid September but if you have anything planned for after that let me know.

Thanks again :approve:

tiTTy & SV650
That truck was amazingly clever but a pain in the arse lol

Think I was also about the only white valver at the show? There may have been a couple more somewhere but I didn't see them.

Judging from the current fashion for white cars, I appear to have been ahead of the game by at least a couple of years ;) lol :rasp:

was trying to find you re. those f1 cups, doh saw your car but nobody near it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
There's normally one every month or two Maz, a fair bit of a trek down but make a weekend of it with a night out in Exeter and it'll be worth it.

I've never track'ed my car but loved the Airfield last time, a real decent chance to find out more about the car's limits in an 'almost' totally safe environment. And £20 for basically as many runs as you can fit in before people go home is bargainous.

FF Blackgold 182
DSC00438copy-1.gif

Yay, my car did get it's photo taken! Possibly the most un-browsed section of the entire showground...

Highlight of the day for me was on the journey home. Driving past Tucks in his Williams, I believe it was TomS (apologies if I'm incorrect) in the passenger seat wearing a Darth Vader mask! Legend! :D It was brilliant the way he just gave an approving nod across to us when we went past. Just imagined Darth Vader saying "alright?" Lmfao.

Lol, Vader was giving us, and random strangers, approving nods all the way up... it means he likes you. ;) The plan was to smuggle it onto the teack session but I don't think Tucks got the opportunity.

As long as he doesn't try and use "the force" I don't mind! lol. That would have been immense to smuggle it onto the track. :lolup:

106 GTi
Indeed. Was to busy washing the car earlier will get them uploaded over the next day or so.

CB600FS
Anyone got any idea whos the white Valver was sat alone in the CS stand area at gone 6pm?

Yes, it was Paul's (white16valver).

He was with mysself and the rest of Yozza's crew dismanteling the awning and getting everything packed away.

I gave him a lift back round to the club area after we were done (about 6-30'ish), his car was sat there on its lonesome - poor little white valver:(

Haha yeah saw you with sat drinking coffee at Yozzas truck "Edde... Isn't he that naked bloke, stevev6?" V6 looked good with the stickers aswell steve

106 GTi
Nice ^^^^^^

Be fine - mine was hanging when I arrived ! :eek:
Ask lusty about this as i was with him at the time.
I was so tempted on putting a full greasey hand print on the roof of your car just when you finishd, but i couldnt bring myself to it, i know what its like although you missed the door lock.

That kind of thing from you and Lusty would not surprise me.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i thought the location was 100 times better than last yr, proper race track etc but the layout was rubbish, there seemed to be loads more people there last yr! i agree with the no atmosphere comments also.

was a good idea with the name things in the windows, but people were never at their cars anyway so we hardly got to talk to anyone we hadnt already met which was a shame.

i spent quite a lot of the day on clio16valver stand with Amir as whenever we came back to cliosport stand there was only christopher, craig, daz and peperami around to talk to (lovely guys but i'd already met all apart from peperami!)

the tunnel was also annoying! pity the stalls werent nearer to where we were all parked but i guess that cant be helped!

on a positive note - how nice were the pork and apple baguettes?! YUM! (even though im supposed to be watching my weight..lol)