ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show Convoy Thread

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ok, we're 4 weekends away from FCS 5th June 2011.

Now, as you can well imagine, there should be a few people from our area wanting to go down to Rockingham for this event.

While you are fine to go on your own steam, we will organise a convoy to get us from the area down to Northampton....this needs to be with one main stop to meet up, as the more stopping points, the more potential for being late, having issues and causing grief.

We best time to arrive, would be 07:30 as this is before the queues are hectic, and also means that the people organising the stand's layout are not having to do everything at 08:55 when it will be mayhem!

Bing reckons from my house its 93miles and about 1:30 to get there...but we will need to include meet times, having to go at decent speeds for everyone to be in convoy and delays, loo breaks, etc.

I am looking at the main meeting point to be Corley Services http://www.welcomebreak.co.uk/motorway-service/corley (Postcode for Sat Navers CV7 8NR) LEAVING there at 6am so would advise people to arrive from 05:45 - 05:55 for a prompt departure at 6 on the dot.

What I am looking for are people who can organise to get people from Stafford, Shropshire (me and Mandy), Birmingham, etc and we all meet up @ Corley and go from there. Whoever organises what can have my mobile number so we can keep in contact should anything arise.

Get your names down and put your location on here and we can see which points are good for people.

1. Donny (Telford - Telford Services M54 J4)
2. Mandy (Telford - Telford Services M54 J4)

PB172
Juude - I could leave with Rob, I'm guessing Wocka will be popping up in here too :)

Don't mind leaving that early though, is there a club stand or is it just park up as CS has a show stand? :/ Confused what tickets I should buy lolz.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
For the tickets, depends if you want to be parking with the masses, or with the club.

If you want to park with the club, when purchasing tickets online (you can't park with club if you buy ticket on the day), it says 'Club Pass', select Cliosport...and they will send you the pass to get you in. Otherwise, you have you park outside the complex and walk into Rockingham complex. (although it'd be better to be inside the gates as you'll know where you car is and the people parking round it (CS lot) will have more respect than some random.

The reason for the earlyish start is to get there before the masses, as you'll waste a long time queuing and fannying about waiting for others if you're part of the mass influx at 9, and it will leave Luke, Brian and the rest struggling to get the cars laid out...as that takes a fair while too.

PB172
Yeah sound then. I'll buy a club pass and just come down with you lot then.

Rob, what time you gonna go down?

PB172
Well I'm wanting to go for sure. soooo...

1. Donny
2. Juude

Where are we all meeting Donny? There's a few lads form Stafford area thinking of going like.

PB172
Right just ordered my ticket so I'm 100% going now. See you at 5:45 :)
My mobile number is 07891639812 if anyone needs me :p

RS 182 CUP
i hate getting up so early!, just worked out itl take 40 mins to get to corley from mine

Last edited:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm only setting it early due to fact that the lads want to get the CS stand set up and is easier done with a lot of time to spare, rather than dashing round at the last minute. Also, there is the lap of Rockingham...so need to be there reasonably early for that...

If needsbe, you can grab ½hour in the car before the show opens! :sleepy:

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
So keen for this show now! Iv finally stated making a effort with the Clio! Hopefully will be ready in time!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
1. Donny
2. Juude
3. gt rob
4. Cerrone (dan)
5.jenko606

So this is for the meet at 5:45 to leave Corley Services at 6pm on the dot...so we have any more people???

PB172
Haha I rekon wocka will be with me and Rob so;

1. Donny
2. Juude
3. gt rob
4. Cerrone (dan)
5. jenko606
6. Wocka

RS 182 CUP
can we have a list of convoy stops/ pick ups plz?? if i miss corley i want to know next stop to be able to catch you guys up, also my missus is heavily preggas and shes got the bladder the size of a golf ball so can plan ahead how much shes allowed to drink!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
can we have a list of convoy stops/ pick ups plz?? if i miss corley i want to know next stop to be able to catch you guys up, also my missus is heavily preggas and shes got the bladder the size of a golf ball so can plan ahead how much shes allowed to drink!

Corley is the last stop mate...its pretty much a straight run from there. We could always stop on A14 on way in towards Rockingham...its about an hour from Corley...so just make sure she goes before we leave there. I can't drive when I need loo...so don't worry.

Obviously, if you are meeting others on the way to Corley, then you will need to make the arrangements with them. The problem is, if we have several stops on route, it makes things very messy (I've tried it before and was nightmare)...you get stops, then people wanting to do stuff...then you're 5-10 mins behind and chasing tails.

We can see if there is somewhere on route which would be useful for a pee stop if needsbe. If you need it Rob, Can give mobile numbers out nearer the time and if you are running behind, can call one of us and we can meet up. I'm not planning on nailing it, just going steady to Rockingham as don't want any accidents or issues on the way down there. :)

RS 182 CUP
didnt realise corley was last stop, she should be fine as long as i put her on a drink ban! knowing theres n more stops means id be able to catch you all up anyway. any idea how many of us are going to be in this convoy?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
didnt realise corley was last stop, she should be fine as long as i put her on a drink ban! knowing theres n more stops means id be able to catch you all up anyway. any idea how many of us are going to be in this convoy?

From what the numbers are showing on here...6 vehicles (Hopefully more turn up on the day than are putting their names down thus far).

In 2007, we organised to stop at several locations on the way to FCS...ended up being about an hour later than we should have been (The ETA) and it was a bit of a queue to get into Rockingham...(about 5 of us jumped out of our cars and went in the bushes on the main road in to Rockingham). Then when we actually got into Rockingham, it was a mare trying to get ourselves in amongst CS. We stopped at Oldbury, Hopwood Services, Tamworth and ended up on M1 North...rather than doing M6 South...it was my first time and there was around 25 cars in the convoy.

That's why I've said that Corley is main meeting point, so people living in Stoke/Stafford, Shropshire, Wolves, Brum, Worcester, etc. can have individual meeting points (local to them) and we all congregate and leave from there (much, much easier). We will leave at 6 on dot...as its about 90 mins to Rockingham and we will be there before the maddening crowds. I might have a look at trade stands and see if there are any bargains to be had...but if Autoglym man is there...he was a rip off last year! (£8.99 for Engine and Machine Cleaner...Halfrauds £7.99 buy 2 get 1 free...so gave him WIDE berth!)

Also, if you feel inclined, by getting there early, you can see the cars coming in, have a kip if you want to grab some Z's or mooch about. I would suggest bringing your own food...as they whinge about BBQs (think they've banned them now)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I dno why because I'm 20 but I cnt sleep lol i went last year but this year I'm really excited! Not good!! See you all in 6 hours!!

RS 182 CUP
gutted mate, sounds like donnys your hero! remember if you need anything gimme a shout, il price up coil pack n leads at work so will get back to you asap on them.

did you see elkworks ??

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Just got back in 5 minutes ago...feel proper cream crackered...Mandy and I saw Jude sitting with bonnet open as I drove past and we had to see if there was anything I could do. How many hours later, and he was going home...it wasn't us, it was RAC man (to be fair), just had to persuade the car to make its way further up the A14/M6 than it actually wanted to.

We had a Megane Estate have its engine implode as it was passing us...was glad to be of help mate, didn't do much, but wanted to try and help :)

PB172
Yeah mega help from these two :) Got a temporary fix, alot of memories and a nice new nickname!

The worst thing bout it is the head needs heli-coil'in on port 2... Not goooood.

Last edited:
  RS 182 CUP
new nickname?? whats that then mucca? and whens the next meet?
starting to make more friends now, its about time too spent the last 6 years in the army and hardly got any civvy mates so its all good now.

PB172
Some ginger ponce in KFC at Corley called me "giggles" then gave me a cheeky smile. Weirdo...

The next meet is when my head is fixed ;) And Yeah Rob the local crew is pretty tight aint it :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Some ginger ponce in KFC at Corley called me "giggles" then gave me a cheeky smile. Weirdo...

The next meet is when my head is fixed ;) And Yeah Rob the local crew is pretty tight aint it :)

Ginger Mincer called him 'giggles', gave cheeky smile and Jude giggled back...so he enticed him (Officer!) ;)

I'd be up for this too...just depends on which part of Stafford as worked in Penkridge for a while and know the road from Gnosall into Stafford and the centre...apart from that its Sat Nav for the win!

PB172
Twattt! haha.

I don't mind traveling when the 172 is fixed. Up for anything. Coudl even sort out an event if enough people plan on coming. other than just standing about looking at each others motors :p