ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Free Sky HD+ for a year.

Sat at home this morning, as I have the week off, I got a call from Sky saying how much of a valued customer I am. Waited for the we would like to take some more of your money from you speech and then they gave me:

Free Sky HD+ box
Free installation
Free moving current Sky+ box upstairs
One year's subscription to Sky HD

I know they've got me hooked for next year but was tempted to do it anyway having seen a friend's set up a week ago. Now I've got to put up with the missus clearing all of her Desperate Housewives off the box. Karma is a strange thing.

Bonus is they are coming round on Friday to fit it as well.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
where do I seen up? We are on their fone, internet and tv package.

Only have poverty sky though :(

They do seem to be pushing it a bit more lately.

But it works out so expensive if you have everything. Plus multiroom. Plus HD.

And even then you don't get all the football and have to pay extra for ESPN :(

PH1 iceburg
As revels said my mate pays around £70 just on his tv package.

Think sky are losing a lot of customers to virgin and freesat at the moment.

57 Clio Campus Sport
We have full package, sky + with multiroom to normal box and been with them for YEARS and had no such offer. Buggers

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
been with them for atleast 10 years plus, no phone call for me

PH1 iceburg
Get on the phone and say you wanna cancel, the same you do with mobile contracts and they offer huge discounts to keep you.

They're doing that deal all over the website

Free Sky+HD box, free installation

The thing they don't tell you is your sky goes up £10 a month for the HD pack - and another £10 a month for Sky Multiroom so you can watch it in the other room

So you're paying £240 extra a year

I got the free Sky+HD box and paid the extra £10 a month for HD - but instead of getting multiroom I paid the £60 installation fee

57 Clio Campus Sport

The thing they don't tell you is your sky goes up £10 a month for the HD pack - and another £10 a month for Sky Multiroom so you can watch it in the other room

I got the free Sky+HD box and paid the extra £10 a month for HD - but instead of getting multiroom I paid the £60 installation fee

yeah they've been doing that for ages but never seen offer he was offered

dk

911 GTS Cab
As revels said my mate pays around £70 just on his tv package.

Think sky are losing a lot of customers to virgin and freesat at the moment.
but virgin and freesat can't offer half the HD channels sky can, if you like HD then theres only one platform to satisfy you, and thats clearly sky.

R26, R27
Got sky when it came out around twenty years ago and have had sky hd for 4 years in june, one of the first to get it. the only item that i got free was a movie on sky box office a few years back. must be doing something right!!!

Mondeo ST220
I'm getting my Sky HD installed on Saturday. My mates kind of seeing a girl and her brother works for Sky.

Free box and installation. Free HD. All packages including movies and sports for £24.25 a month for one whole year. Woo.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I'm getting my Sky HD installed on Saturday. My mates kind of seeing a girl and her brother works for Sky.

Free box and installation. Free HD. All packages including movies and sports for £24.25 a month for one whole year. Woo.

I hate u

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

that's not what I've experienced. I'm having HD fitted on Sunday and they are fitting my old Sky+ box in another room (free of charge) but didn't force Multiroom on me at all (i'm not taking multiroom) just having the use of the 2nd box when the 1st isn't in use (or watching the same thing as the 1st)

182 Full of Fat
Been with Sky since it's launch in 1990 on the same contract (and HD since it's release in the 1st week) and never even been offered any discount or offers because we're not new customers lol
Lucky the £90 p/m fee isn't coming out of my account otherwise it would of been cancelled a long time ago! lol

That HAS to be bollox sorry, I know a few Sky engineers and not a chance they can swindle cheaper packages like that. All in it's going on for £60 p/m and Sky hardly ever offer discounts on packages other than the latest HD offer.

If that's true, makes me feel like cancelling even more lol

Last edited:
  Mondeo ST220
Been with Sky since it's launch in 1990 on the same contract (and HD since it's release in the 1st week) and never even been offered any discount or offers because we're not new customers lol
Lucky the £90 p/m fee isn't coming out of my account otherwise it would of been cancelled a long time ago! lol

That HAS to be bollox sorry, I know a few Sky engineers and not a chance they can swindle cheaper packages like that. All in it's going on for £60 p/m and Sky hardly ever offer discounts on packages other than the latest HD offer.

Sorry it's true lol.

I believe it's free HD and half price subscription. Was given a long discount number to quote and was told the offer had a deadline. I was skeptical too but they confirmed it and I've already got my viewing card in the post.

330ci Conv
Sorry it's true lol.

I believe it's free HD and half price subscription. Was given a long discount number to quote and was told the offer had a deadline. I was skeptical too but they confirmed it and I've already got my viewing card in the post.

This is a genuine deal. I knew someone at sky and got full package and ESPN including HD for £28 a month for 12 months

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Totally true. Sky friends and family deal. Engineers were given 3 codes I believe to pass on to whoever they want. A big thread on it on hot uk deals. Some people even made subtle changes to codes others had used and it worked for them, not for me though :( Expired now I think anyway.

New deal on money saving expert today, new customers can get a free iPod Touch and £25 M&S for taking out Sky HD (iPods for only first 5000 customers) so I ordered it today, hopefully will get the iPod otherwise will cancel the install for now and wait for the next deal. All probably part of the fact Sky can't lower their prices for 2 years to allow Virgin & BT to catch up market share (not sure if fixed prices is just for sports packs or all packs).

They told me it was because I was such a good and loyal customer and always paid my bill. Roll on Friday when they fit it. Bought an HDMI splitter and fitted it today so that the Xbox and DVD can be switched with the Sky by remote.

I love new technology.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
b*****ds cancelled my order because the my Dad's account isn't on active cancellation yet.

They're chatting a lot of b****cks down the phone to me, then passing me on to the upgrades team who say they can't do anything near what I've been told. Will talk to cancellations and see what they offer, otherwise, I'll cancel and take it out in my name.

They told me it was because I was such a good and loyal customer and always paid my bill. Roll on Friday when they fit it. Bought an HDMI splitter and fitted it today so that the Xbox and DVD can be switched with the Sky by remote.

I love new technology.

LOL at that bit. Like they would expect anything other.

I hate the "Yeh, but i always pay my bill on time" And? thats what your ment to do

a burnt one
Cant see Virgin competing as much now with Nagra 3 rolling out.

Previous customers like myself will take the hump and switch to Sky.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I know what it is. I can only assume you're stealing cable, and because your dbox is soon going to be an electrical paperweight you will take the hump and go to Sky?

Had it fitted today and another bloody dish on the house as was easier than re-wiring the whole thing for the Sky+ box upstairs. Must say it is awesome and am watching Golf now in HD. What an amazing difference, can't wait for Lost tonight.

Go cry to your momma!
I know they wont ever admit it, but I'm sure the HD boxes make SD worse.

They do!

Some folk on AV forums use HDMI for HD then switch to scart for SD as the picture quality is better!

You'd think sky would have imporved the SD quality over HDMI..