ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fred or Yoz

172 cup'd extreme
hi guys on your 172 cup it doesnt have power steering , but what have you done about the pump? have you by passed it or running an idler pully for the belt
thanks
jon

Lionel Richie
just used a shorter belt

it goes around the crank, over the water pump and then round the alt
you can see it below
DSC00021.jpg

(you wheels are ready BTW)

Lionel Richie
the line snapped (it was 2 weeks old from new!!! = £175)

we haven't had time to get a replacement yet, hence no power steering

the steering is HEAVY

M3 & Clio Cup racer
Don't you guys run electric power steering or is it just us weak armed racing drivers? Don't forget i am the master of all things pipe like and electric power steering pump wise if you need anything sorted.
PS where is the dyno and do you know if they can work with Pectel?
Regards
Matt

Lionel Richie
no matt, as above the NEW PAS line snapped 2 weeks after installation!!! so we just removed it, and then put a shorter belt on

its only temp (we had/have several track days to do, and no time to replace the line)

Carbon - 225bhp it made when it was NEW on the engine dyno

Ross - our fairy cakes are quicker than yours!!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
if you fit a standard 1.2 rack and an auxilary pulley off a 1.5 dci clio that has electric PAS the steering will be much better. The auxilary pulley fits onto the bracket were the PAS pump usually goes.

Lionel Richie
j3ned said:
if you fit a standard 1.2 rack and an auxilary pulley off a 1.5 dci clio that has electric PAS the steering will be much better. The auxilary pulley fits onto the bracket were the PAS pump usually goes.

unreliable, jon keeps snapping them

just use a shorter belt as per the picture!!!!!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
no matt, as above the NEW PAS line snapped 2 weeks after installation!!! so we just removed it, and then put a shorter belt on

its only temp (we had/have several track days to do, and no time to replace the line)

Carbon - 225bhp it made when it was NEW on the engine dyno

Ross - our fairy cakes are quicker than yours!!

Shows how crap the Renault engine is for tuning, ther is a lot of hard work and money in that engine. On the CTR a full exhaust, IK and Hondata ECU you get bigger numbers 235bhp approx.....

The Japs really have got it sussed....

The K20a is substantially better, and about one of the best production engines around, entire design is superb.

And torque fred is superb, they have I-Vtec so can phase the cam aswell and change the profile.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
whats the tourque figure though mr EVO sir???

165/170lb/ft @4k approx - Hondata moves the v-tec point so its a lot smoother and earlier.

All figures are repeatable i know Paul Jones who owns Sytem R. The top CTR tuning place in the UK. The CTR engine is such a better engine from the factory, Pauls Demo car with std bottom end N/A is running 240@the wheels repeated on may a RR and not one issues to date. He comuted to work and back for over 12 months, as drivable as std but goes like stink.

Qtr mile 13's @ 107/110 terminal - Quick...

Hey im not knocking the CLio for what is especially for the money i love the GF's cup as it so much fun.....

MKIII 138
its a sad thing to hear that the reno engine is cack but hey the CTR`s steering and driver involvement is even cacker ho hum.. anything with a turbo will go quick in a straight line, anythng with awd will grip like a mo fo, not many cars have the X factor where there fun for some unknown reason thankfully the clio has it, without that it would indeed be an average car.

EVOgone said:
165/170lb/ft @4k approx - Hondata moves the v-tec point so its a lot smoother and earlier.

All figures are repeatable i know Paul Jones who owns Sytem R. The top CTR tuning place in the UK. The CTR engine is such a better engine from the factory, Pauls Demo car with std bottom end N/A is running 240@the wheels repeated on may a RR and not one issues to date. He comuted to work and back for over 12 months, as drivable as std but goes like stink.

Qtr mile 13's @ 107/110 terminal - Quick...

Hey im not knocking the CLio for what is especially for the money i love the GF's cup as it so much fun.....

only bad thing is the over inflated BHP figures that the honda scene throws out, which is really sad, because if true figures, or at least close to true (within 10bhp or so) it would show just how good the engines really are.

240 at the wheels is a phenomenal, and should be going much faster than the 216bhp ATF clio on here......but its not........

172 cup'd extreme
Lunner said:
Why dyou have to run a DCi pully, surley any pully will do as long as you can get a belt to fit over it?

Because the DCI pully fits exactly in the place where the powersteering pump goes, no meither then, but thicko me didnt think about running a shorter belt, i had it in my head it would grip the water pump enough but obviously it does ala yoz's car

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
BenR said:
only bad thing is the over inflated BHP figures that the honda scene throws out, which is really sad, because if true figures, or at least close to true (within 10bhp or so) it would show just how good the engines really are.

240 at the wheels is a phenomenal, and should be going much faster than the 216bhp ATF clio on here......but its not........

Ben figures are not over inflated (trustme)... just cause you passed one on a track does not mean anything. The discussion is regarding the engine and the HONDA is far superior std and tuned. Figures mentioned on the post are FACT...! If your little clio had the Honda engine in, it would be much faster.

At the ring i passed many GT3's EVO's etc in the cup, means F all, thats down to the driver, suspension etc.

Your clio 216 AFT - the DC5 makes 220 std and the S2000 make 240 (200@wheels)....

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
that clio could have made more, but its designed to have a large torque spread. i agree though the honda engine is awesome.

peak bhp figures just bore me now..... its about how it drives.

ok mate, i wont argue.....i just think you missed my point.

The little clio only has 216bhp, stock bottom end and pulls 13.4 1/4 miles.

http://www.chpltd.com/japanese_performance/supercivic.html

That charged civic makes 260 at the fly, and pulls 13.8's.

http://www.system-r.co.uk/system-r suppliers of japanese tuning accessories-carsdetail.asp?5

System R's doesnt have a stock bottom end, and by the sounds of it, 288bhp at the fly and pulls (from what a honda fan just told me) 13.7's............

Something wrong there to me.........

And i didnt pass any civic anywhere, i'm talking about already standing 1/4 mile times.

God, cant belive you got me talking about 1/4 miling, i hate 1/4 miling.

Forget i said anything.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Honda Torque spread is oaokay. Fact is you have spend 000's to get 216 in the clio and a JDM CTR standard engine pushes out more. Witht he Hondata ECU vtec point can all be changed and driveability is greatly improved.

I only continued this tread as you mentioned the CTR's guy over inflate figures...which they dont and was a silly comment..!

I agree bed time.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Sorry BenR mentioned....

Why no edit facility...............arrrrrggggggggggh

Lionel Richie
BenR would pass anything on track evn if he was driving a 1.0L micra

he's a racing driver/drifter/short man/$5 form the far east

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
BenR said:
ok mate, i wont argue.....i just think you missed my point.

The little clio only has 216bhp, stock bottom end and pulls 13.4 1/4 miles.

http://www.chpltd.com/japanese_performance/supercivic.html

That charged civic makes 260 at the fly, and pulls 13.8's.

http://www.system-r.co.uk/system-r suppliers of japanese tuning accessories-carsdetail.asp?5

System R's doesnt have a stock bottom end, and by the sounds of it, 288bhp at the fly and pulls (from what a honda fan just told me) 13.7's............

Something wrong there to me.........

And i didnt pass any civic anywhere, i'm talking about already standing 1/4 mile times.

God, cant belive you got me talking about 1/4 miling, i hate 1/4 miling.

Forget i said anything.

Pauls just fitted a 2.2 stroker kit....240@wheels.
previous 2.0 std bottom end 230 @ at wheels.

Remember i was talking engines not cars......CTRs are heavier and more difficult to get off the line. Terminal speeds of 110mph plus are the indicator to engine power...!

RC developments EVO has 900+hp but the less powered cars were just as quick....

Remember the conversation is engines not cars and the Honda engine is better than the Renault - standard or tuned..Full Stop.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
BenR would pass anything on track evn if he was driving a 1.0L micra

he's a racing driver/drifter/short man/$5 form the far east

Think he needs to go on the next Nring trip, sorts the men from the boys. Im sure he will enjoy it..

read my first post.............

i agree, i love honda engines

EVOgone said:
Pauls just fitted a 2.2 stroker kit....240@wheels.
previous 2.0 std bottom end 230 @ at wheels.

Remember i was talking engines not cars......CTRs are heavier and more difficult to get off the line. Terminal speeds of 110mph plus are the indicator to engine power...!

RC developments EVO has 900+hp but the less powered cars were just as quick....

Remember the conversation is engines not cars and the Honda engine is better than the Renault - standard or tuned..Full Stop.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
BenR said:
read my first post.............

i agree, i love honda engines

You said that the CTR guy's bullshit BHP figures, they dont. That was the sticky point.

Ben nice talking to you.

172, Tiguan
Ditchfinder's - isn't that right Yoz? ;)

Ben, you should come to the Ring in Novembar with Yoz.

Bloody hate 1/4 miling, someone should drop a bomb on Santapod and create a bend.

MKIII 138
was 1/4 miling setup for people who have a small penis i just dont get it ?

if you go to many track days or are into cars 1.) the cars power isnt everything as a good handling car with lots of involvement is more important 2.) you will realise doing a track day is fun, legal and exciting wether you drive a clio or a lambo

we all know by know how perfect japaneese cars are, whats the point of this thread ?

MKIII 138
i may just add that the 2.0 engine in the clio perfectly suits its purpose.
the new 2.0T in the 225 suits its purpose also.. reno dont make bad engines, the 172/182 were never meant to be "add a zorst and see 30hp gains"