ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fred, Danny etc, TPS question

Qashcow
I went into Renault today and all they could come up with is a poor diagram of a ph2 fbw diagram and no way of finding out wether I can buy a throttle position sensor on it's own. He is saying it's the whole tb or nothing at all, without a part number.

I need it for a ph1, it's the last thing to replace before I give up lol

Are you guys able to help/look on the systems you have?

Qashcow
For reference if anybody searches this thread, AT Power supply the marelli throttle pot for 172, bang tidy

Qashcow
Decat on Saturday still, about 4 years too late! Then I'll see wether it's the lambda or TPS playing up, can't be much left after that

Qashcow
Danny, I've got the software but am waiting on data cable at the mo, will be plugging it in ASAP.

Rob, I can borrow one off Adey's Clio normally but struggling to find time when were both free etc, it's only the sensor rather than whole tb I need to test luckily

Qashcow
Lol Jay, I'm too lazy this week hah!

Sitting at 50mph etc in 5th gear at a steady rpm and it's slightly jumpy, it's as if it has lumpy idle but at a greater rpm. Is fine on throttle of any kind, but you can't sit at a steady 70 on the motorway with it.

It's not very much at all, passenger may my even notice it but I do.

Saying that, I might pop over with it in a bit...

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
dude pop in if you get chance ive got that cleaned ph1 tb you can try and it has a tps on it, remind me because i cant remember does it run fine with the lambda turned off?

172 Race Car
hes just left mine. TPS is working fine but Lambda isnt. Not sure if its wiring or the sensor.

Put it back into open loop and he said it seams better. Was cal'd with it off so no problems there, just need rid of the cat now.

First time ive been in it, Nippy little bus that :cool:

Qashcow
As Jay says, it's back to how it was a month ago which is good, either I'm having bad luck with lambda sensors or my wiring isn't right somewhere. Cat is coming off on Saturday so should be all set for Bedford next Friday hopefully....with a new set of tyres.

Cheers ade, I stripped my tb down the other week and wet&dry'd it all etc, so much smoother now

Qashcow
i doubt theres anything left in the cat anyway lol. im having it chopped up with new flanges mate, unless you chop your decat pipe with a new flange it wont fit :( welcome to borrow it come MOT time however.

Nope dan hasnt got it yet, i had forgotten it was in the garage until i had a clearout on monday :p