ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fraud - CPW/02 Customers PLEASE READ

Hi All, STICKY THREAD PLEASE!!!

I got my new 02 contract/iphone 3g - from Car Phone Warehouse yesterday and today I received a phone call from a withheld number from a person working for 02 trying to sell me discounted insurance and that she wanted my bank details. In the beginning of the call she told me this offer is a 1 day offer only, but then later in the call, I said oh I am not sure, "when does the offer end", she said this week and that she can call back as it is limited.

I advised her to call me back on Friday. Then she said she would TEXT me and give me her contact details if I decide to take up the special offer.

07846251196 - Cara.
She advised me on the text to either call her on 08708504278, or she will call back on Friday.

Straight away I thought this is weird :S

Also to the fact that, within 5 minutes, I got a text from CPW to tell me to not give over bank details to anyone trying to sell you insurance as it is someone doing fraud.

So I called up my mate that works @ Car Phone Warehouse in Camden Town, to which he said its dodgy and told me to google the number at the same time he did, and it came up with this result:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08708504278

I then rang up 02 and reported it. I also forwarded them the link above. They also agreed with me that these people are dodgy. I will ring up CPW main number tomorrow to report it too.

I cant wait for this girl to call me back as I will make the phone call slightly interesting. Feel free to spam her mobile number :)

Please be aware guys!!

HOW DID THEY GET MY NUMBER??:mad:

Last edited:
Quite easy.
Mobile numbers go up in sequence.

They go into the shop, buy a mobile phone on o2.. then they know that the numbers around it (so 2 at the end instead of 1 for example) are probably going to be new contracts on O2 too. This is why it's only new contracts which get targetted.

Big scam - CPW had signs up at the one I went in.

Dirty tricks.

grrr, these mofo's keep calling me!! The girl that just rang me, I told her some very bad words, before I knew it she hung up the phone... ahhhh ;)

Ive now had 6 calls today, 1 person I spent 5-8mins on the phone with to explain to me how the insurance works, then i told him just before he could ask me for my bank details "you just got phoned" :D and he got upset and put the phone down on me. cnuts

Skoda Fabia vRS
im not on O2, and have never had anything from CPW, but i keep getting calls from witheld numbers lately, though im yet to answer it because im always at work when they call