ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

found a PARROT in my car (pics)

clio 182 FF
And no, not the bird type.

i was on here asking the other day how i could connect my phone (samsung s4) to my standard clio 182 headunit.

anyway, today while cleaning my car out i removed the cointray and cupholders, and this parrot blue box was under there fully connected.

20131110_093854.jpg

20131110_093849.jpg

the long connection on the left hand side was connected to the car stereo. Then by the looks of the little icons there are; mic in, bluetooth, music, tv?

That was just my thoughts by looking at the icons im not 100% sure.

it is a parrot mki9100.

is there a cable etc i can buy to pair my this to my phone? Any advice welcome as i know nothing about it.

thanks

BMW E91 Tourer
  clio 182 FF
Thanks guys.

So if i only want to run my music through it, i just need the audio cable? Theres nothing else i would need to buy?

clio 182 FF
No, you need the lot excluding the mic, the kit won't power up unless it has the screen fitted.

thanks for the help.

do you think i would be better off buying the parrot or buying an aftermarket headunit with aux in and/or bluetooth?

idealy i wanted to keep it looking oem, but i suppose if i got a decent headunit and wired it in so my steering controls still worked it wouldnt be too bad.

whats peoples opinions?

Parrot kit or new headunit?

Clio 182
you can get a mki9000 - same as 9100/9200 but without screen, if it is merely music you wish to stream, but making calls on this kit would be a pita. if its factory radio and your not bothered about b/t then just get a connects2 interface for your music. If you do decide you want b/t then mki9100/9200 all the way, ck3000 and mki9000 arent worth a sook since they dont have a screen