ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 5

Nippy white cup
The corner grip is awesome as std tbh. Doesn't under steer as much which is interesting as previously 4wd didn't seem to have grip as you would expect

The corner grip is awesome as std tbh. Doesn't under steer as much which is interesting as previously 4wd didn't seem to have grip as you would expect

Have you tried with everything turned off? (TCS, ABS etc?)

I found the KTM Crossbow (though RWD) and stuff like that was monumentally slidy! The GT-R (R35) was pretty slidy too!

Nippy white cup
Yeah that's what I mean. The cars on fm5 less grip than previous games so when you go out in the scooby it is more obvious that the grip is more

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm literally fighting my 900 odd bhp F12 around the circuits, talk about handful with everything off. I wish I had a 4WD Lamborghini instead at times.

Gotta say, the Clio V6 is quite nice to drive!

Saving up for a proper car atm, 338k CR atm, not sure what to go for - thinking F40 at ~450k I think it was.

Pissed off at the moment though as I got VIP purely for the double rewards, but it's not working :\

Lee

BMW M2C
Handy, if you want to try some of the very expensive cars out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to pick your brains as an insider on the games industry about a few things but not about to do it on a public forum given the nature of the questions.

More importantly we still need to sort that beer!

Lee

BMW M2C
Fire me a PM. Just leaving work.

Or text/call me. My number is still the same. Unless you've deleted me. :cry:

We SO need to arrange that beer. I was thinking about that the other day.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Y'know... the more I play this (and despite being a massive Forza fan) the more I'm realising it feels like a backwards step. Sure - it is slick, looks great and sounds great but I'm getting fed up of the drivatar AI. I enjoy trying to get decent lap times but I also enjoy completing clean laps. This is virtually impossible as drivatars (especially those from my friends list) have a habit of suddenly catching me up from nowhere and then using me as a buffer to get around corners. It seems so much more noticeable in this version. :( Early days, but interest waning already for that reason.

I also think the whole UI and progression through the menus/UI is worse than Forza4. It doesn't feel anywhere near as intuitive. I seem to have to go through more menus to get where I want to be and I don't like how the cars are not organised as well as in previous versions. And, whilst I'm at it, another major annoyance is the fact that I can't quickly skip through the stats / XP / credits accumulation screens at the end of each race. I don't want to sit there 10-20 seconds after every race whilst some pretty counters and bars grow on the screen. I want to get onto the next race. :(

Apart from the above, it's ok. But I'm feeling a little deflated as it's failed to deliver for me personally. Maybe I need to give it some more time.

Fiesta ST
Yeah it's like bumper cars. It gets very annoying, constantly rear ended on corners, might just be me playing wrong though.

Few forums are referring to them as drivatards, make of that what you will lol. That said the AI on previous Forzas had a habit of rear ending you in braking zones in some of the R class races if you were set at maximum difficulty so I'm not suggesting the series was faultless pre XBONE.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
im really enjoying the game personally altho the online races all seem dead to me most ive ever raced with is 3 people my tag is karlos mendos and ill be online from tomorrow onward currently level24 also

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Few forums are referring to them as drivatards, make of that what you will lol. That said the AI on previous Forzas had a habit of rear ending you in braking zones in some of the R class races if you were set at maximum difficulty so I'm not suggesting the series was faultless pre XBONE.
Drivatards! LOL! Yep, that sums it up nicely. :) And yes, I agree in that I recall being rear-ended on previous Forzas, especially the higher difficulty and race classes. My annoyance is that this is happening (to me at least) regardless of class; even at the lower end of the scale. Obviously I need more practice and a better tuning upgrade. :)

im really enjoying the game personally altho the online races all seem dead to me most ive ever raced with is 3 people my tag is karlos mendos and ill be online from tomorrow onward currently level24 also

Yeah T10 are working on it, apparently there's an issue about lobbies where it will join/create lower count player ones than filling up existing ones!

What do people think about getting a steering wheel? Thrustmaster just released an Xbone specific one, and I'm tempted but it's a lot of dollar - does anyone have an existing one and do you think they're worth it? Not had one in about 10 years so very out of touch - but I think it'd be a nice addition if it works well.

Skoda Fabia vRS
the loading times are doing my head in, thought this might have been reduced to nothing on a so called 'next gen' console

Nippy white cup
I love the drivatars personnally. I suppose it is all down to the ones you are against. I'm guessing that if someone does ram people a lot irl then the drivatar will do it too. The more they play and better they get the better I imagine the drivatar will improve too. I have had a couple of times where they edge you off but tbh that seems pretty accurate to some real life races lol!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm loving it personally, best to date IMHO. It's definitely better with the drivatar liveries off, I have to confess to turning stability control back on when in high powered RWD cars as it just gets like a bumper car ride with some of the things the drivatars do and I was getting into fits of rage, as soon as I drive anything else I switch it off.

I'm not sure where my tokens came from (perhaps previous achievements or VIP, but it was a nice surprise to have 1350 to spend (I just spent 351 on the 360 Stradale, saving the rest for future use), I'm nearly level 14 I think with around 400,000 credits and around 10 cars in the garage, the vast majority of which are completely unmodified other than paint changes, I'm also loving finally being able to alter the stock wheel colours.

Last edited:
Ahh nice Gareth, hopefully I'll get mine tonight then!

Not gonna lie, I've put way too many hours in so far, and wasted a tonne of money doing stupid upgrades, but now I'm more focused on the good stuff.

Anyone seen you can build an R class Mini that has more BHP than it's weight? xD that may be my next bit of fun before saving for the proper racing class cars.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
In the last games I was always known to just 'spunk' money wildly on upgrades for cars and I'm showing much more constraint this time around, I think they've tweaked the game in some ways that really make it work better this time around, like the fact if you come 2nd or 3rd you still are classed as gold and at it times takes away the feeling of having to re-do a race for not coming 1st. I'm quite happy with the balance of coming 2nd / 3rd sometimes but knowing I've done it with all aids off and had a good crack at it, a lot of the time I am 1st but it means you don't have to always strive for perfection and can move up the ladder quicker so to speak.

1.8 Civic EX
I started with 100 tokens. I think the amount you get relates to how many other Forza games you have played and how far you got on them as well as what edition of the game you have purchased. Not used them yet though, don't really see the point in them as it is real easy to earn money.

For those wondering about the three day one edition cars, it is a seperate code. The code that comes with the console where you do "xbox use code" is only for the game. to get the three cars, look at the card, there are two of the long codes to type in, just type in the one for the cars and you'll get them.

I have all aids off other than stability, as mentioned above, it makes it just that bit too much uncontrollable for me to be able to enjoy the game.

The drivatars are great imo. I've done approx 80 races and my drivatar is around 35% synced iirc. I would expect thats what the whole "perfect corner" and "good pass" is all about. It's taking data from how many corners/passes you make per lap/race and uses it to build your drivatars driving style. Its good that the AI isn't just a boring conga line of cars stuck to the racing line. It makes planning over takes and taking risks that bit more unpredictable.