ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Horizon

Nippy white cup
Not sure if this vid has been posted but it looks soo good. I noticed the handling too but also noticed the traction control light flashing so not too bothered as I reckon it will be fine once all the g-aids are off :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AK

M240i
I don't like the arcadey pop ups. However I said the same about Black Ops when it first was shown on vid.

Hopefully you can bin it all off. I was worried when I saw the chase cam only clip and all the b****cks about scoring points from hitting stuff.

Clio 1.2 16V
Not many people seem to be keen on this lol :S, think it looks pretty good esp if they keep to the Forza physics.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think it looks pretty awesome tbh, not sure how other drivers roaming around will go as people might just crash into you on purpose.

Other than that I think it will be great judging by that last clip, I'll definitely be buying it anyway.

An orange one
I think this could be a disappointment for us looking for TDU with forza cars and physics :(

Out of interest.. Didn't the original TDU have a hardcore handling DLC that made things alot better?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm worried. :dapprove:

No likey?

Can't decide.

The amount of times they referred to it as an 'Action Driving Game' makes me worried.

I can't help but think it's going to skim over the full sim physics in favour of 'pick up and play' gameplay.

I hope not though.

All I want is Forza 4 as an open world... not sh*te flashing up on screen with 'style points' or whatever. Ugh.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a Forza/TDU/NFS mash up. Haven't heard anything innovative about it yet... just having Forza physics isn't going to make it an awesome game.

Edit: Seems to have quite an interesting tie in with the Kinect.. I quite enjoy shouting at the TV

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Can't decide.

The amount of times they referred to it as an 'Action Driving Game' makes me worried.

I can't help but think it's going to skim over the full sim physics in favour of 'pick up and play' gameplay.

I hope not though.

All I want is Forza 4 as an open world... not sh*te flashing up on screen with 'style points' or whatever. Ugh.

My exact thoughts. Won't be happy if there's no option for manual clutch/telemetry/other geeky s**t.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hmmm, I'm on the fence. It's got an air of Motorstorm about it when it first came out with the ps3. I'm not liking that you get points for mashing s**t up and crashing into things. Looks like it's a s**t arcade game with Forza physics.

AK

M240i
Getting simmed head on into a car would be cool, lol.

But I think Turnips is right. There's no point them release 2 of the same type of game.

Horizon seems to be the arcade pick up and play type game and FM is the more serious game.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Horizon seems to be the arcade pick up and play type game and FM is the more serious game.

I think people are missing this point, It'll blow the likes of NFS out the water imo and rightly so, the Porsche nabbing b******s.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
There are no points being missed. Most people on here want an open-world FM4; which it's clearly not. That's disappointing. :dapprove:

They said months ago that FM would be their 'Sim' and they wanted a lighter game to fill the two-year hiatus between FM titles.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There are no points being missed. Most people on here want an open-world FM4; which it's clearly not. That's disappointing. :dapprove:

They said months ago that FM would be their 'Sim' and they wanted a lighter game to fill the two-year hiatus between FM titles.

Aside the points for smashing sign posts I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion?

I'm not really sure what to say about it yet, I imagine there is a lot more to be revealed though.

Last edited:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I can't wait for this to come out.

Although the music is a complete waste of time, as I always turn it off. I'd much rather listen to the vtec kicking in y0.

Yaris Hybrid
I would like a quality title to fill the void left by the PGR games. You know what I mean - a kind of semi serious game that fits in between a heavy grindy sim like Forza and the more arcade-like titles like NFS etc.

Many games have tried to fill that void but they have all fallen short.

It is too early to say as we haven't seen enough yet but it looks like this one is not even aiming for that void and instead is heading into the overcrowded/saturated NFS market. Curious decision by the developers...

I would like a quality title to fill the void left by the PGR games. You know what I mean - a kind of semi serious game that fits in between a heavy grindy sim like Forza and the more arcade-like titles like NFS etc.

It is too early to say as we haven't seen enough yet but it looks like this one is not even aiming for that void and instead is heading into the overcrowded/saturated NFS market. Curious decision by the developers...

PGR4 was epic tbh

350z GT

I dont think Forza is the correct brand to try and fill this gap though...they will be trying to make a game just underneath the main SIM product and not working to their full ability on the handling aspects which people would involuntarily expect with it being a Forza title .

Turn 10 could create a new title to fill this gap though quite nicely i think

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They aren't destroying your beloved Forza ffs. This will fit nicely next to the proper Forza, and it'll mean more development cash for F5.

Also, Playground Games are developing it, not T10.

An orange one
I'll get the demo and see. I'll probably buy it because I get bored of being limited to the same tracks, that's why I stop playing Forza after a month or so lol.

This TBH single player forza soon becomes dull, I really enjoy the rivals and online racing,

Career mode for me is buying and tuning cars and just arsing about on the benchmark area lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not that impressed as there doesn't seem to be anything particularly original. Surprised at the hitting signs etc as it's not what I'd expect from a Forza game.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
PGR4 was epic tbh

It was, I started it again the other day.

Forza is technically brilliant, but for the occasional pick up and play gamer like myself it just isn't fun, if anything it's frustrating. PGR (especially 4) was just a really fun game, you could pick it up play a few races, and it was just a really fun game to play.

That's what's missing in gaming these days imo, fun pick up and play games that don't require masses of time invested or for you to be awesome at it to get along, just good fun games.

Last edited:
You do have to put some time in to it to get past the learning curve granted but once you do it's great. It could do with some more tracks and some stretches of public road (the Top Gear top driving roads would be epic) to break the monotony of the limited number of circuits on offer. It doesn't help that the likes of indianapolis are utter s**t.

04 Monaco Blue 172
take the game for what it will be and you wont be dissapointed

forza 4 is boring after a while, same as gran turismo 5

i love playing any type of racing game weather it is NFS, forza, gt, dirt etc

i just take them for what they are

It was, I started it again the other day.

Forza is technically brilliant, but for the occasional pick up and play gamer like myself it just isn't fun, if anything it's frustrating. PGR (especially 4) was just a really fun game, you could pick it up play a few races, and it was just a really fun game to play.

That's what's missing in gaming these days imo, fun pick up and play games that don't require masses of time invested or for you to be awesome at it to get along, just good fun games.

I'm fine with the indepth "sim" stuff on offer with Forza but probably don't get the full advantages out of it. I do well in the game with good laptimes etc but spend most of my time putting too much power through the wheels of various cars for a laugh. Aside from minor adjustments I don't really tune cars much. Some people get seconds off their laps by changing settings but I prefer just driving.

PGR was great for pickup/play as you said. It was also excellent online. Just the right balance of arcade/sim to make it competitive but still fun even if you span out. Weather effects were great too. Infact the whole game was way ahead of its time and makes me wonder why a 5th game isn't out yet!

Horizon could be great as long as the physics are nailed. If they want to market it to a more casual gamer then fine - but leave the 'proper' Forza handling for those of us who want all the assists off etc. Basically we need Forza 4 with the 'free roam' aspect. Less time spent on all the owning a house or pimping out an 'avatar' and more time on the cars+environment. Mistakes made with TDU 1 & 2 should be taken into consideration as it's quite obvious this is along the lines of those games

Unfortunately Turn10 don't seem to read community feedback - they ignore anything even slightly negative (even if constructive) on their own forums so I doubt they'd ever read this message or anything similar posted elsewhere