ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3 Xmas Laptime Challenge

Amalfi Coast Full Circuit.

Renault Twingo 133 (F200).

No aids apart from clutch. Anyone using aids has to put which aids used next to their laptime. Only verified times allowed, if you go over the white lines on this track, chances are your laps will be voided with a warning triangle. They don't count. No modifications, standard arcade car only. Competition ends at midnight 1st Jan '10.

I'll start with 1:06.391.

Last edited:
B

Bucko

No aids apart from clutch..

So no aids allowed apart from the ones that you want. Fair.

I cannot drive without ABS. I can't check as i'm at work but i'm sure my time won't be competitive anyway, i'm only average.

I'll do it tomorrow and post my time

Bucko

I cannot drive without ABS. I can't check as i'm at work but i'm sure my time won't be competitive anyway, i'm only average.

Bucko

Driving with no ABS is great once you get used to it (should be easy in a Twingo aswell)

It's fairly well accepted that a clutch isn't an on/off device, and as there's no "third trigger" it renders the control useless unless you have a wheel.

Other than that, hardcore is the way forward, if you can't drive without ABS, it's a good reason to try to learn. You will be quicker without ABS.

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Bucko

Its insanely easy mate just break as you would but stop just before the trigger is fully in.

I find that the end of my finger (the skin) will touch the housing the trigger goes into as i get to the maximum i can break... may not work for you but i find it just as easy as it being on.

Titanium 182
Just push the stop pedal until you hear a squeal then easy off slightly. Eventually you just know the point of lock up !

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've smashed it already, but picked up a tiny foul on the exit of the last bend.

I'll try tomorrow, properly. ;)

Will give this a go shortly. I switched off ABS about two weeks ago and will never go back, the trigger has just enough travel to make it fantastically progressive and far more rewarding/enjoyable than just mashing the brakes with ABS.

My mates missus has bought him a steering wheel for Christmas. Can't wait to give it a bash!!

I'll be hopeless and miles away for your times though.

MY10 R35 GTR

pad, all aids off apart from auto clutch

Attachments

• DSC00435.jpg
    DSC00435.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 64

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
1.06.6 is the fastest clean one i've done so far.

97% of my laps are being voided :(

B

Bucko

1:07:558 with ABS. F**k knows how so many of you are getting 1:06 and 1:05, especially when my time is 1116 best in the world out of 32,000 people!

Closest I managed was a 1:10 something.

Although, I've only played the game for a few hours so far. No aids is the way forward though, I seem to be quicker than with them on!!