ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forotten how to put the injection system back together!

Clio 182
Hi. I am just about to drop my new engine back into my 2004 Clio 182 and on checking that I have all the right pipes and electrical connections in the engine bay I seem to have a couple of problems.
1 I cannot for the life of me find the connections for the fuel injection common rail right hand side. Looking at pics on the internet I think there should be a fuel pressure regulator and a pipe connection on that end but I really don't remember dismantling those and I cannot find a fuel pipe in the engine bay that would extend across to the right hand end. Left hand side is ok - got that one. Two pictures are below- one of the engine bay and one of the fuel rail. If anyone can give me an idea of where the fuel line should be in the engine bay or what should go on the right side of the fuel rail, your thoughts would be much appreciated.
2 What goes on the little pipe outlet on the front of the throttle body? Does this connect to the regulator when fitted?
Oh dear - should have labelled it all as I was taking it apart!!
20180219_143738.jpg
20180219_143720.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
There is no fuel return pipe at the other end of the rail, the feed pipe on the left hand side as facing is all there is. And the what looks like a regulator missing is left as you see it, the rail is sealed other than the injector outlets and the feed.

Edit, and 2 is a vacuum pipe that goes to the acoustic valve (located down by the horn in the passenger wheel arch). Fine to remove that valve completely, and block the pipe coming out of the inlet manifold.

Clio 182
That's brilliant. I am recommissioned the car after 5 years off the road. I thought maybe a regulator/ fuel line had been nicked off it but what you say Budgie makes complete sense it terms of what I remember when I dismantled it. Means I can now crack on once I get the new drive belt on. Many thanks. I think I will be OK now but will give a shout if I get stuck again.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, budgie can label each pin on each plug and each vac hose using only 0.000000001% of the Renault hemisphere of his noodle

330i. E30 Touring.
Bloody hell, you've had a nightmare there haven't you 😂

Budgie will know where all of those connectors plug into.
lol, i could plug these in blindfolded by now.
as above, budgie can label each pin on each plug and each vac hose using only 0.000000001% of the Renault hemisphere of his noodle
Haha, genuinely could refit a Clio engine loom blindfolded. f**king things.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i reckon you could rewire one blindfolded from just a pack of connectors and some wire