ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Formatted my 2gb SDcard to 1gb whoops

GW RS200
I have a 2gb SDcard, used an old card reader to view it on my Macbook, which reported it damaged, and formatted it to 1gb. Awww! Now it only has 1gb capacity, but I can see the other 900mb as unpartitioned in windows disk mangement, but it's just too primitive to let me merge the partitions or in fact do anything! Anyone know a method of formatting it back to 2gb?! Thanks!

In windows you can't extend partitions. Use disk management to delete the 1gb, then create a new 2gb one on the empty space.

GW RS200
Further reading has revealed that windows does not handle or have any interest in dealing with partitions on removable devices! Thought I had found a small HP utility but it isn't compatible with Win7 or Vista - my search continues. Might try on my Macbook later, but need to find a compatible card reader of course! - Thanks for all the suggestions so far...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
You have to find a reader that'll recgnise it as a full 2 gig and reformat it.

I had the same problem with my old laptop, it took a 2 gig card down to 1 gig.

Only way I could get it back as I didn't have another reader was to format it in my Nokia phone which could read the full 2 gig properly.

DCi
you might be able to create an extended partition but i think the easiest way would be copy everything to your pc, format to 2gb then put anything you want back?

GW RS200
Thanks for the further suggestions! Im gonna buy a decent card reader and hope that OSX sorts me out I think. Will report back...