ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

forgot to put Spacer in rear discs

Iceberg PH1 172
Just swapped discs and pads all round on my ph1. We forgot to put the spacers back in the new discs. Now we cant get the new disc off again. Ideas? Pulling tools?

Dont wanna mess up my new discs.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If you have a puller use that. If not bolt the wheel on but not the hub nut and pull on that. Bit more leverage but just be careful to not split the bearing

dan's cast offs.
you've squashed the end of the stub axle, you need to sort that out before you fit a new bearing.

Iceberg PH1 172
That should explain why the disks that slipped on so easily where a t**t to get off and were impossible to put back on..

How have i managed that? Brute force and stupidty i imagine..

dan's cast offs.
without the spacer the nut/flange tightens on the flat end of the stub axle instead of the bearing inner. bit of emery cloth and elbow grease sorts it out, use the inner off one of the old bearings to check it's ok.

Iceberg PH1 172
Cheers for the advice @bloke.
I picked up some emery cloth today, getting new bearings pressed in tomorrow by a mate while im at work, that should hopefully solve it :)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I can't see how you've pulled the bearings out of the disc. I had to use a 10ton press after the 5 more or less fell apart.

Iceberg PH1 172
I was a bit heavy handed with the pulling tool. It split straight in half. Half in the front of the disk. Half left on the stub. Oh well. You live and learn.

Iceberg PH1 172
Well just to end this thread, @bloke was correct in saying id crushed the stub axle.
Fixed now thankfully with his advice. Cheers everyone who replied.