ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forest of Bowland

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yesterday I met up with Matt (ClioV6_Lancs) and some others in Lancaster to go for a blast in the sun.

We went from Lancaster through the Forrest of Bowland and stopped in Chipping for a bite to eat. Then carried on through Slaidburn, Whittington, High Benthan and Kirlkby Lonsdale then came back to Lancaster.

There was 6 of us who turned up (a 7th came atowards the end) and we all did just under 100 miles of spirited country road blasting :cool:

Anyway, here's the pics:

Lancaster1.jpg

Lancaster2.jpg

Lancaster3.jpg

Lancaster4.jpg

Lancaster5.jpg

Lancaster6.jpg

Lancaster7.jpg

Lancaster8.jpg

Lancaster9.jpg

Lancaster910.jpg

Lancaster911.jpg

Lancaster912.jpg

And finally:

Lancaster914.jpg

Thanks to Matt for leading the way and planning a cracking route.

Martyn :)

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cheers Deb.

The yellow V6 is gorgeous. Don't know what it's like when you drive yours but when I was behind Matt's yellow V6 yesterday, it was gettin so many looks through the towns!

Rally bus
Some good roads round there, the one over Lythe Fell is my favourite, Trough of Bowland road is pretty good too, especially in the dark :D

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
ahhh I'm in love! some super nice cars there, but the yellow V6 is cracking!! I want it!

Clio 182 Trophy
Very nice pics mate. It was a really nice drive out, I really enjoyed chasing Matt in the V6 :cool:.

Nice meeting you !

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nice meeting you too Ben!

Yeah, it was a good day out.
Ha, you were giving the V6 a good go!

You going next week?

Clio 182 Trophy
Nice meeting you too Ben!

Yeah, it was a good day out.
Ha, you were giving the V6 a good go!

You going next week?

Yeah ill be going, looking forward to it. Should have a few Clio Trophys coming with me too.

Are you coming?

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cheers for the comments guys.

Nice one. Up to now I am, but i'll let you know through the week. Sound like a good run though.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cheers. Yeah the yellow vee was outstanding! The 182's look tiny next to it.

The MR2 had to leave early because he was running out of petrol. He said he was getting around 15 MPG! lol.

Good to meet up with you guys - brilliant run out (apart from getting behind the Audi driver doing 25mph round the back lanes)and the weather held out nicely. The MR2 having to leave us half way round because of fuel (or lack of it) made me laugh!

Few pics below:
1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

Last edited:

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Great pics Matt!

The Porsche is in cracking condition. IIRC, it's on about 120k as well.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good cars, roads, weather, camera and photos.. what a rarity! :p Looks like a great day out!

Clio 182 Trophy
Nice to meet you too Ben! You certainly gave me a good chase! Not much in it at all..Vees need to shed a few pounds! :)

Yep, nice to meet you Matt. Once I left 3rd you were pulling away but through them back roads I hardly used 4th and 5th. + I knew each time you floored it as I could hear you first. The Trophy does handle very well through the back roads too.

The V6 sure turned some heads through the villages.