ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Focus RS : day 151 : Ford v BMW, the 440i...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
They're to follow James. I have part 2 of this 440 comparison to edit and upload first and I'm at Surrey Rolling Road tomorrow so the 160 gb of skid pan footage I have won't get touched for another week or so at least!
I'm excited!
I'll give this one a watch in a minute mate:up:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm glad you've had a go in a car with paddles Mark, how you describe the drive is pretty much on par with the 200 EDC in Sport Mode. It holds the gears much higher, sharper/responsive gear changes and blips the throttle on down shifts.

It's an auto in letting it do all the changes in everyday driving but you have the choice anytime you like to override the system using the paddles or tiptronic. I have to keep reminding myself that I can override it anytime I like, more so in auto on downshifts.

Driving with paddles come into their own in a car with decent power and handling, it let's you focus that bit more on the drive IMO.

Great video.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I love how you could see him wanting to talk multiple times, and then he just doesnt

Oh he did...I just edited him out or else the entire thing would have been 50 minutes long! I wanted to focus on the drive of the 440...but he's still got the new car buzz so properly gushes about all the gadgets and stuff LOL

I'm glad you've had a go in a car with paddles Mark, how you describe the drive is pretty much on par with the 200 EDC in Sport Mode. It holds the gears much higher, sharper/responsive gear changes and blips the throttle on down shifts.

It's an auto in letting it do all the changes in everyday driving but you have the choice anytime you like to override the system using the paddles or tiptronic. I have to keep reminding myself that I can override it anytime I like, more so in auto on downshifts.

Driving with paddles come into their own in a car with decent power and handling, it let's you focus that bit more on the drive IMO.

Great video.

I have to admit I really did like it...right up until I climbed back into my car and rev matched the first downshift myself. I can see how people like them...but nah, not for me. As for being able to focus on the drive...the thing is, rev matching takes little effort or conscious thought, it's a muscle memory thing so I feel I can focus on the drive just as much as you paddle pullers :up::tongueout:

An orange one
I enjoyed that... It was nice to see you trying something that you normally wouldn't even have looked twice at, and seeing the surprise on your face when you really seemed to like it.

Good video!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think i only watch your vids because of this forum, but i find you very cringey, camp, 🙈 and this vid i thought the music was from the 90s

Ha ha ha. Genuine LOLs. Suggestions or is my trying to convert you into an avid watcher a lost cause?

Oddly, and I really mean that...I find it very odd...I have a very good watch time stat...even when I load up these long ones a high proportion of viewers tend to watch them all the way through.