ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those that like to paint badges and the like

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
maskol.jpg

I have used this stuff for its original purpose for years, ie painting models.

It crossed my mind it might be useful if someone was painting small items on a car.

Its called Humbrol Maskol. A sort of liquid masking tape !

Its a rubber solution that can be applied to surfaces to prevent them being painted. When the paint has dried the Maskol can be simply peeled off.

You apply it with a brush and it dries quickly, so if you get it wrong the first time you simply peel it off and correct your mistake before you go near it with a paint brush or air brush.

You can buy it in Model shops.

FWIW

ITB BG 182
^^ thats what i used on a mate alloys he wantd the center cap badges a differnt colour to the alloy an that stuff is brilliant. Good job Brian

Chocolate Bar™
hmmm i tried copydex (similar thing) and because the paint i use isnt enamel based it reacts like buggery, and is really hard to pull off due to the thickness of the paint. That stuff may be worth a punt though as its actual masking fluid!