ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

for the purpose of Milling my brembos..

Ex 182 owner
..are all hubs, irrelevant of 172/cup/182/cup etc. the same layout brake mount wise as each other?
I have some 172 cup hubs which i want to hand to the engineer, along with 280mm brackets to mill my brembo calipers out for 283mm bell and rotas. They will be going on my trophy which i know has physically different hubs. However does it matter as far as brake mounting?

mark @NorthloopCup any thoughts..?

Out of curiosity, why are you replacing standard sized discs with standard sized bell & rotors?

Looks nice or are we saving the nth degree of inertia/unsprung mass & maximising heat management?

Be sure to show us all pics when it's done!

Ex 182 owner
I am sure i will be corrected but a bit of weight saving, i think they are also thicker (might be worng on that) and a tbh a bit different. If i wasnt going for bells i would probbaly go for 300mm discs but on trophy et45 wheels that means big spacers which i am not keen on. i think Mark is looking at 295mm bells and rotas but the kit i have bought doesnt have the mount pattern to go beyond 283mm
its ph1tom's old kit so the pics are around already. I'm just using newer calipers so they need milling.
the bells can be found on the ebay section at the minute.
i belive the last pics is actually Toms mounted..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272122826390?rmvSB=true

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
..are all hubs, irrelevant of 172/cup/182/cup etc. the same layout brake mount wise as each other?
I have some 172 cup hubs which i want to hand to the engineer, along with 280mm brackets to mill my brembo calipers out for 283mm bell and rotas. They will be going on my trophy which i know has physically different hubs. However does it matter as far as brake mounting?

mark @NorthloopCup any thoughts..?
Brake mounting points are the same on all hubs mate.