ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For R-jay , Sonax shampoo

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Alright Rich

Just been in touch with Sonax enquiring about prices , places to buy .

Quite an interesting reply :

Hi Andy

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Sonax Shampoo.

You can purchase Sonax shampoo from most Vauxhall dealerships and the prices are as follows:

314 200 - Shampoo super concentrate 500ml - £4.05
314 300 - Gloss shampoo concentrate 1 L - £3.90
214 200 - Xtreme Active Shampoo 500ml - £4.80

These prices are set prices and should be the same at all Vauxhall dealerships. Please let us know the name of the Vauxhall dealership who is selling the shampoo for £6.37.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Susan
(Tel 01798 344888)

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
Nice one Andy. Like I said it is odd the 500ml is more than the 1L!

Name and shame the rip of dealer to them. I still havent got a price on anymore yet.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Nice one Andy. Like I said it is odd the 500ml is more than the 1L!

Name and shame the rip of dealer to them. I still havent got a price on anymore yet.

I'll keep ya posted if i get anymore info . I've just e mailed them the name of the dealership that she requested .

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
Cheers.

I am looking into 5 and 10 litre sizes at the moment - She didnt give you any information on those did she?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just has a phone call from the girl at Sonax .

She says that the prices she has given me in the e mail are the prices that " every " Vauxhall dealership should be charging as these are set by Vauxhalls head office and not set locally .

When she phoned Lookers Vauxhall in Blackburn , she was quoted £6.34 for 500mls .

There excuse is that they are having a refit and some of the prices might have got mixed up ,lol, , total b*llocks if you ask me . Just another case of a dealership ripping off Joe Public .

She said if i take the mail she has sent me to the dealership with the prices on they will only charge that price .

I told her other people have reported varying prices and shes gonna look into other dealerships , prices they are charging !

I think the more expensive one , is the wash n wax £4.05 but she now informed me over the phone it is £4.30 not £4.05 .

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Cheers.

I am looking into 5 and 10 litre sizes at the moment - She didnt give you any information on those did she?

Sorry Rich , she didn't give me any info about 5 and 10 litres .

I asked if i could buy from them directly , she said you can but it can be a bit of hassle .
You have to be at home when they deliver or the courier will take it away again .

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Hopefully this Sonax intervention should help everyone. Nice work.

Still no luck with the Sonax shampoo r-jay .

Just been down the local Vauxhall stealers again today . The guy on the parts desk told me they only sell it in 500mls , at £3.00 + VAT .The girl from Sonax quoted £3.90 for 1 litre .

So i said , thanks but no thanks . Some b*llocks about thats the only size Vauxhall send em and they can't get any larger sizes .

Just emailed the girl at Soanx again , hopefully she will get on their case .

Just an update .

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
Worth trying, the closest one to me, has to get it in from there other branch (the cheap one!), and then does not sell it at the nice cheap prices!

The other one looks at me like I am speaking in foreign language when I enquire in there about it! You may get lucky.

MRBILLYUK said:
Still no luck with the Sonax shampoo r-jay .

Just been down the local Vauxhall stealers again today . The guy on the parts desk told me they only sell it in 500mls , at £3.00 + VAT .The girl from Sonax quoted £3.90 for 1 litre .

So i said , thanks but no thanks . Some b*llocks about thats the only size Vauxhall send em and they can't get any larger sizes .

Just emailed the girl at Soanx again , hopefully she will get on their case .

Just an update .

MrBillyUK !

But isn't that what she told you in the first place.

If you look at the discriptions of both the 500ml and the 1L they are different.

1L says 'concentrate', the 500ml says 'super concentrate'.

From this i can only assume that they are different products, hence the smaller one being dearer.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its the gloss shampoo that she said is £3.90 for 1 litre , at the vauxhall stealers they said they only sell it in 500mls for £3.00 + VAT .

When i e mailed sonax a girl actually phoned me up to ask me about it .

When i bought some the other week they were charging £6.37 for 500mls .

Wish i had kept my receipt now so i could have kicked off with them over them charging me way over the price Sonax say they should be charging .

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is a pic of the Gloss shampoo concentrate they charged me £6.39 not £6.37 , just checked on my bottle . Couldn't be assed to take a pic so this is off their website slightly different shaped bottle and in german but the same stuff.

MrBillyUK !

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Old pic from a year or so ago. The one I use.

P5070006.jpg

From your first post:

So does nobody think we are talking about 2 different products.

Why else would the smaller bottle cost more?

I know that the dealers are over charging, but it still sounds to me like 2 different formula's.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
chris182 said:
From your first post:

So does nobody think we are talking about 2 different products.

Why else would the smaller bottle cost more?

I know that the dealers are over charging, but it still sounds to me like 2 different formula's.

If you check out www.sonax.com

I think she has mixed up the product codes in her e mail to me .

313 200 is what i am assumin to be the shampoo super concentrate ( wash n wax ) not 314 200

313 Being the product 200 being the code for the size .

And lookin at the website the code for sonax gloss shampoo is 314

A bit confusing i know but i can only go off what she e mailed me and told me on the phone .

Anyway , with a bit of luck she will phone me back after i told her they are still charging almost as much for the 500ml as the rrp for 1 litre .

If i get anymore news i will keep you updated :)

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
chris182 said:
The only 500ml bottle i can find is this http://www.sonax.com/sonax-e/katalog_product.php?show_cat=7&show_product=313200

Which isn't what we're on about, is it?

Then there is this http://www.sonax.com/sonax-e/katalog_product.php?show_cat=7&show_product=314300

which says it doesn't come in 500ml, which is confusing as thats what i've got at £4.11 per 1/2 L

Its confused me a bit as well mate . Looking on my bottle its 314 -200 500ml.

Thats the gloss shampoo concentrate . Thats the one she told me over the phone should be £3.90 for 1 litre , and the one Vauxhall charged me £6.39 for 500ml.

Hopefully she'll get back in touch on Monday . I'm gonna try another Vauxhall stealers next week , a bit further away but i'll give em a bell , see what they say .

Looks like their website is out of date for their products ??

I'll keep tryin ,hopefully i might get the bottom of it ,lol ;)

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
I should have sorted 10 litres of it out now LOL!

Shut up :butt:

Never have this problem with turtle wax lol ;)

You can come and wash mine then r-jay :)

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
Sorry! It just seems easier than messing around wit the small ones.

The dealer has told us its a minimum order of 100 quid so we are getting a fair bit in !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Sorry! It just seems easier than messing around wit the small ones.

The dealer has told us its a minimum order of 100 quid so we are getting a fair bit in !

I can't even get the bloody small ones at the right price , never mind the large ones !

Size isn't everything , lol ;)

MrBillyUK !