ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all you FWD handles better than RWD

PH1 172 Sport
Having been lucky enough to have driven a BMW M6 and a BMW M635csi I can easily say that RWD makes for a better overall driving experiance.

However I would say that comparing FWD and RWD too one another is pointless as both sorts of cars have different handling charcteristics and both when setup correctly can put a huge smile on your face and at the end of the day I would say that is the most important thing about driving.

If you can get in your car and get out after a good focussed drive with a huge grin on your face then what does it matter what end the engine is driving?!?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cos most of the people on here seem to think that a clio cup or 182 or 192 or whatever is the gods gift car.... now i can easily say a dc2 will out perform a clio... a clio is a good car and i would say a dc2 is prob one of the best modern fwd cars for performance, tbh this vid was on sxoc cos a load of integra owners gave it a load of fwd is better than rwd there is a pretty big rivalry between honda and nissan owners.... this vid just proved that the 200sx boats can handle and handle very welll!!!

Fiat Coupe
lol steer a little more...
//james

Or steer a bit less, depending on what the tyres are doing ;)
Must say, I generally find oversteer easier to control then understeer (partly because the back doesn't exactly snap out in my fiesta, is quite gentle), lot more fun too

Suzuki SV650
cos most of the people on here seem to think that a clio cup or 182 or 192 or whatever is the gods gift car.... now i can easily say a dc2 will out perform a clio... QUOTE]

I don't think there are many people on here that wll argue that? and there aren't that many (I'll stick my neck out a wee bit here, and say that I probably speak for the marginally older/more experienced members here) that honestly think that in the whole widey wide world, that their 2.0/1*2/197 is a 'gods gift car'.

So what is the point of this thread..

D

dick

if all cars on the road were RWD there would be a massive increase in crashes. FWD cars / understeer is much eaiser to control then RWD/oversteer.

This is the dummest thing i have ever read lol you cant control understeer.....thats the whole point of it being called 'under' steer.....your going straight when turning....how can that be controlled??

of course its true!
it just doesnt turn as much unlike understeer where i know for a fact if the mother was in a car and the back end starting coming round the first thing shed do would be to brake. and i guess most people would who just drove to get places.

PH1 172 Sport
I don't think there are many people on here that wll argue that? and there aren't that many (I'll stick my neck out a wee bit here, and say that I probably speak for the marginally older/more experienced members here) that honestly think that in the whole widey wide world, that their 2.0/1*2/197 is a 'gods gift car'.

So what is the point of this thread..

My point exactly i wasn't having a go with my earlier post i was just merly stating whats the point of arguing about things that don't particually matter. As long as you enjoy yourself driving your car who cares?!?

To me a clio sport is a fun car to drive i know its not the best/ fastest/ best handling thing on the road but it doesn't bother me as when I drive it down a nice B road it brings a smile to my face. Thats what driving is about and people seem to forget that.

rant over!!! again....

VaVa
I think the point is that Malice is incorrect. Ultimate he's bought an ugly jap car for a few quid and feels as though that somehow associates him with the worlds top drivers and gangstas. And as he has RWD and we have FWD that makes him better than us. Although my FWD has never oversteered into a bus stop. which was most likely somebody elses fault too. ;)

The biggest shame is I can't see anyone on here who actually gives a f**k. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  Elise/VX220/R26
I think the point is that Malice is incorrect. Ultimate he's bought an ugly jap car for a few quid and feels as though that somehow associates him with the worlds top drivers and gangstas. And as he has RWD and we have FWD that makes him better than us. Although my FWD has never oversteered into a bus stop. which was most likely somebody elses fault too. ;)

The biggest shame is I can't see anyone on here who actually gives a f**k. lol

yeah but he is actually right. FWD is for trainees.

Last edited by a moderator:
RWD is better for pure sports cars, but a Silvia is just your typical chav rice burning jap turbo that's revered around the council estates of Essex... hardly anything to shout about, but I'm sure it impresses anyone thats seen Tokyo Drift

cos most of the people on here seem to think that a clio cup or 182 or 192 or whatever is the gods gift car.... now i can easily say a dc2 will out perform a clio... a clio is a good car and i would say a dc2 is prob one of the best modern fwd cars for performance, tbh this vid was on sxoc cos a load of integra owners gave it a load of fwd is better than rwd there is a pretty big rivalry between honda and nissan owners.... this vid just proved that the 200sx boats can handle and handle very welll!!!

wouldnt call it a modern car tbh, its gettin on abit now.

K20 EG Hatch
Silvia isn't rice, they got the power to back it up ;)

RWD is better for pure sports cars, but a Silvia is just your typical chav rice burning jap turbo that's revered around the council estates of Essex... hardly anything to shout about, but I'm sure it impresses anyone thats seen Tokyo Drift

LY 182
what do you mean "for all you" - did any one ever say fwd handle better and if so why?
to be completely fair i guess they just handle differently/

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
whatever lol and i didnt oversteer in to a bus shelter i slid straight towards it then bounced off a curb in to it...

tbh it was more of a dig at the ahh a cup would have it in the twisties bs....

Evo 8 Jap Crap
That video proves fook all lol

How can you say they have similar power malice? The silvia has a big fook off intercooler so the likelyhood is it isnt running standard boost i bet its EASILY over 300bhp.

The fact of the matter is most RWD cars run alot more power than FWD cars so how you can compare them and say one is better than the other i dont know????

Also its easier to drive a FWD car on the limit then it is a RWD car

The Teg has always proved itself around a track against RWD or AWD machinery

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
if all cars on the road were RWD there would be a massive increase in crashes. FWD cars / understeer is much eaiser to control then RWD/oversteer.

This is the dummest thing i have ever read lol you cant control understeer.....thats the whole point of it being called 'under' steer.....your going straight when turning....how can that be controlled??

Short answer is ABS.

ABS is on nearly all cars unlike stability programs. Also understeer gives the average driver more warning and indication on what’s happening than the snap of overseer.

Like I said the average driver. My nan wouldn’t have a clue what would be happing if she had oversteer and would prob just slap on the breaks

also if you go stright( understeer). the chances are you will knock into a barrier etc. not wipe out other cars comming the other way as the car spins. you never spin a understeraing car. FACT

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

How can you say they have similar power malice? The silvia has a big fook off intercooler so the likelyhood is it isnt running standard boost i bet its EASILY over 300bhp.

The fact of the matter is most RWD cars run alot more power than FWD cars so how you can compare them and say one is better than the other i dont know????

if you were smart enough to read all of my posts... they both come from the same tuning house and both were tuned to the same power to provide an even race on power.... the teg however is lighter!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Despite this rather poor attempt to generate self flameage, this does not mean we can throw insults at each other. Keep it nice lads.

Even if malice is wrong.

Evo 8 Jap Crap

if you were smart enough to read all of my posts... they both come from the same tuning house and both were tuned to the same power to provide an even race on power.... the teg however is lighter!!

Link to tuning house or spec of the ITR??

Even if that silvia is only 300bhp which i doubt it is then that Teg aint gonna be 300bhp

Link to tuning house or spec of the ITR??

Even if that silvia is only 300bhp which i doubt it is then that Teg aint gonna be 300bhp

Oh I forgot, no one else knows anyone about jap cars except you.

You do this everytime.

You AREN'T the oracle of Jap cars.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Whats that got to do with anything??

The teg wont be 300bhp plus FACT

Unless its stroked so its not a 1.8 anymore

Oh and from some of the s**t comments in here i probably know a lot more about tegs then you or the likes of malice