ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fooked steering wheel alternative?

t3 corolla 116bhp
i am now fed up with my melted clio steering wheel so i decided to get a cover to do in the meantime until i get a replacement

found this at the local motorfactors. immitation leather grain type thing. i didnt think it looked too bad all things considered.

your opinions please ( on the cover, not the stterring wheel insert on a non RS wheel thanks very much as its been discussed before :) )

ta

jonny

Image003.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Me likes - I suppose even a pink fuffly one is better than the cheap Renault plastic!
Mine is starting to go melty too :dapprove:

1.2 Dynamique
Looks good that does. Me personally would of gone for a cheap wood effect one to make your car look like a taxi lol.

"Navy" N17 TWO
No baw ;)
That cover on the ebay link might be good - Dad had one in his old car lasted years and was pretty comfy, plenty of grip too :)

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Bought myself an RSi Wheel when mine on the PH1 went completely threadbare. Worth considering as an alternative. Definately more hardwearing than the original and blue color match was spot on. Cost about 190 quid from Renault almost 2 years ago.

White APE
That dont look too shabby tbh.

Think they should do a recall on the wheels aswell as the bonnet catches tbh!

guessing a 197 wheel wont fit a 182?

That doesn't look too bad at all. Crying shame that it even needs doing though. What kind of wear testing was done on the Clio steering wheels? 10 minutes? "Looks alright to me boss...sorted that'll do".

My 182Cup wheel has also started melting recently. 44,000miles and it's rapidly falling apart. I dread to think what the R26.R steering wheel is going to look like after a few trips to the shops. That probably had about 5 minutes R&D for durability, just like the R27 Recaros. Shame they have to make such great cars so badly :)

If you can afford one get a Momo Race,fantastic wheel & top quality.I had one a few years back & it went on 4 different cars that i owned.:star: