ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems a bit strange to say there's a misfire but it'll only be fixed if you buy the car. No offence but that comment should make any sensible buyer run a mile.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The pics are kinda cool but still why the f**k did you use them and why only 3?

I mean you get 9 pictures, okay years ago it cost you but 3 pictures, put in some effort? Really?

Oh and i'll take, you can take my Trophy. ;)

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 6 GSR
Seems a bit strange to say there's a misfire but it'll only be fixed if you buy the car. No offence but that comment should make any sensible buyer run a mile.

Or if your a sensible buyer with some gumption you ask the question surely?

Misfire only happens under full boost, one of the HT leads has a split it in it which is causing the misfire.

As I drive it to my new place of work, It's a mile or 2 up the road so I never use full boost

The pics are kinda cool but still why the f**k did you use them and why only 3?

I mean you get 9 pictures, okay years ago it cost you but 3 pictures, put in some effort? Really?

Oh and i'll take, you can take my Trophy. ;)

Pics are all I've got, will get some more taken at the weekend.

Don't think a trophy will be suitable for what I'm gunna use it for. But then again my 520hp evo wasnt either! haha

From someone who's spent a lot of time recently looking at car ads, yours isn't the best really.

No interior photos?

Photo's and details will be updated over the weekend.

If anyone does have any questions please ask.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 (Cup Pack)
My point is, unless you state it explicitly 'plus cash', you will always get chancers trying their luck.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 6 GSR
Or major retardation?

I'll get it all change and write a proper advert, I only did it really brief before I went bed last night

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 (Cup Pack)
Possibly. I've always found (especially with ebay ads) is to leave as little ambiguity as possible - there's far more morons on there than there are on dedicated owners forums!

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Or if your a sensible buyer with some gumption you ask the question surely?

Misfire only happens under full boost, one of the HT leads has a split it in it which is causing the misfire.

As I drive it to my new place of work, It's a mile or 2 up the road so I never use full boost

If you've scrimped on HT leads then what else hasn't been done properly?

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 6 GSR
scrimped on HT leads?

Nothing been done properly, i wash the car with baby wipes, fill up with 95 ron, put in any old oil i got lying around, made up the service history, stuck brembo stickers on the brakes, used scaffolding for the exhaust, its not even got an actual FRS engine.......jesus.

My previous cars.

My First one

IMG_4583.jpg

Fiesta ST

IMG_4930.jpg

Fiesta ZS

ALX_8316.jpg

And my 6

IMG_5873.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
The boring stuff first. It's got tax til feb 2013

There is only 2 days left in Feb so the car has no Tax essentially?
You also said in your advert:

It is ALWAYS warmed up and cooled down before I use it

But above you've said:
"As I drive it to my new place of work, It's a mile or 2 up the road so I never use full boost"

Which is it? Im pretty sure the car doesnt get warmed up in 2miles.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 6 GSR
There is only 2 days left in Feb so the car has no Tax essentially?
You also said in your advert:

But above you've said:
"As I drive it to my new place of work, It's a mile or 2 up the road so I never use full boost"

Which is it? Im pretty sure the car doesnt get warmed up in 2miles.

Cars being retaxed.

Ok let me rephrase it. The length of the journey is 2 or so miles, the journey time is around 15-20 mins because of the road and traffic. So according to my scangauge every morning it reaches temperature.

Would you like me to record it for you?

Any more questions?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just a HT lead then I don't understand why you wouldn't just replace it and not even mention it in the advert.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 6 GSR
Because if the car sells, I'll replace them with standard HT leads, if it doesn't sell and I keep it I will get magencor ones.

Just being honest, but on here it doesn't seem to be getting me very far! lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to break your balls. It seems daft to mention a misfire that will be fixed but only if someone buys the car. It doesn't set the right tone, and blows the advert wide open for negative interpretation.

Just trying to help.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 6 GSR
fair enough, the advert will be redone hopefully this weekend anyway with new pictures, and potentially a splitter fitted as it's sat in the garage waiting to be fitted.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I wasn't trying to be nasty bud but if there were two forsale and one has a misfire that would be fixed when bought and the other didn't then I'd go with the one that didn't. It might just be me but it screams like there is more to the story as to why £50 wasn't spent to rectify a very minor issue.

Magnecors are only £50 so it seems daft not to do it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RS172 Flamer
Sargara said:
"It is ALWAYS warmed up and cooled down before I use it"

But above you've said:

Which is it?

He doesn't have to hit full boost to warm the car up :S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 cup
I'm not interested in the car. But must say the first thing that stood out was the misfire part. Instantly makes me think 'it's broken'

Fairplay if someone comes to look and it has a misfire tell them, but wouldn't include it if it will be fixed before sale

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Peddled device
People are trying to help, but in the 'CS' way !

I would re-do the advert after having the little problems sorted out. People who see the new ad will may remember your old one, so put its a new ad. Have the receipts for any new bits and show a picture of the service book (history is always a winner). Take some good 'normal' photos of all angles and the interior. State 'No retards' on your ad and away you go.

Nice car BTW :)