ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS

Some of you have expressed an interest in pics, either on the forum or via PM and such. Many of these have already been posted, but I don't see the harm in a small photo diary. The history so far, if you will. This is a direct copy & paste of what I've posted on a FRS forum.
------------------------------------------------------------------

A few snaps of my new FRS. I know that people often search for pics when they have just ordered a car, so I hope these are useful to at least someone.

I'm not sure if there are any size restrictions on this forum but they're quite compact, so anyone running a reasonable resolution shouldn't find that they dominate their browser.

Moved into the showroom prior to registration and collection;

RS_SIDE.gif

RS_FRONT.gif

Trading in my old Clio and picking up the FRS;

P1000279-Copy.gif

P1000280-Copy.gif

The drive home;

P1000286-Copy.gif

P1000288-Copy-1.gif

P1000285-Copy.gif

P1000284-Copy.gif

P1000287-Copy.gif

Extremely quick in-gear. Immense fun. So much character, which is quite a feat for a modern comfortable car.

Thanks fags. It is an amazing car. I have no idea how it puts the power down, but it does. It has more traction than my old bean. Just when you think it's about to start spinning the wheels, it torque steers and regains traction.

Overtaking ability in-gear takes the piss. Braaa...done. Bra...done.

Barge
Already said, but I'll say it again to inflate your ego... Looks gorgeous.

Enjoy it, you lucky devil. And don't take the fogs out of this one. LOL.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nice. You know my thoughts on the white - looks good now but a) will be a mofo at picking up tree sap spots/tar and such, and b) may get dated a bit quickly, and the dustbin exhausts really aren't me... But that's a rapid and otherwise very good looking motor...

And yes, that's the closest you'll get to a compliment from me. x

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hero.

See my comment in the other thread Roy.

Wondering about the brakes.

Turbos.
They are awesome cars. For me, they look better in isolation in photos. On the road, the concept car look is a bit overwhelming, and i just couldn't own one.

Will be interesting to see what it is like in the long term, keep us updated.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
They are awesome cars. For me, they look better in isolation in photos. On the road, the concept car look is a bit overwhelming, and i just couldn't own one.

Will be interesting to see what it is like in the long term, keep us updated.

+1.

One was following me on saturday. Next to me at the lights it made my car look like a 1:18 model.

Better than yours. C*nt.
One was following me on saturday. Next to me at the lights it made my car look like a 1:18 model.

The 1:18 model probably has better panel gaps than yours.

Oops, I appear to have thrown a stone through the window of my glass house...

Mike you're such a penis :D

I'm not looking for compliments. You either like it or you don't. Either way is fine, and all comments, positive or otherwise, are welcomed. I see you've already got a V6 related comment in though.

Get over yourself. No one cares.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I really like it but I don't like the price tag that goes with.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The 1:18 model probably has better panel gaps than yours.

Oops, I appear to have thrown a stone through the window of my glass house...

I have no panel gaps... Bar the doors and the bonnet and they rub all round lol

Roy what colour interior have you gone for? It looks blue?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Alcantara scatter cushions? Lol. At least you went for the tasteful interior - that green interior is horrific.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I honestly don't know why you would have that green. I had a look at it, and the thought of being in that for any more than a half hour at a pop made me queazy.

No. Only the very outside edges of the chairs are leather. The intermediate is a rugged blue cloth, and the cushions are a slightly lighter shade of alcantara.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So the bolster part is blue cloth Roy?

I've seen the green ones with green boltsters.

What are these like in standard options form Roy? Presumably quite well specc'd?

Not sure but LP1 provides everything I want. Right down to voice control for climate etc. Just tell it what temperature you want lol. Auto everything. Upsettingly, there's no option at all for cruise/speed limiter with the RS. That's all I would miss. Even my 182Cup had that.

Yeah I think the side cushions are blue cloth, with the outside part being leather. The bit that will take most abuse getting in and out.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks good. Shame about cruise, I miss that from my 182. Brilliant on the mway.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've not found a speed limiter that works the same way as the Frenchies anyway, which is a shame. The Clio one I think is bob on, and the VAG one just 'pings' at you to tell you you're going faster than you wanted to.

I've not found a speed limiter that works the same way as the Frenchies anyway, which is a shame. The Clio one I think is bob on, and the VAG one just 'pings' at you to tell you you're going faster than you wanted to.

I worked this out on the Audi the other day . . . and turned it off again.

Cruise control is something I am quite enjoying. Strange that it is not an available option . . . why wouldn't it be??

Yeah TBH cruise is just an invite to fall asleep, but I often used the limiter so I could drive rather than look at the speedo all the time.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Indeed. Not sure on the Ford one but when you're doing 70-80mph then a polite 'ping' is near inaudible. Should be fitted with foghorns at least! Although funny tale, guy I used to work with lent his car to this bird who's pants he wanted to get into, and he'd set the speed limiter to a ton. She phoned him up about 5 minutes after setting off moaning that his car's beeping at her!

Indeed. Not sure on the Ford one but when you're doing 70-80mph then a polite 'ping' is near inaudible. Should be fitted with foghorns at least! Although funny tale, guy I used to work with lent his car to this bird who's pants he wanted to get into, and he'd set the speed limiter to a ton. She phoned him up about 5 minutes after setting off moaning that his car's beeping at her!

I did that to the works Audi once, but set it to 40mph, so the next person who took it out was continually beeped at. But they tried booking in it at Audi to be looked at so had to fess up.