ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FNG (F**cking New Guy)

RenaultSport clio 182
hello all,

just thought i should introduce my self and say hi.

I bought my silver 182 full fat with cup packs just before christmas and thought it was about time i posted.

The clio was abit of a gamble as i've always been a bit of 205 fanatic. My last car was a stripped out gti with an Mi16 engine, roll cage, two plastic buckets etc. To be honest my first months with the clio have been a mixed bag.

To start off with i was quite disappointed. The car just did not feel as fast a my pug. however i'm now warming to the car and am enjoying it more and more everytime i drive it. It's not as raw as the 205 but it really does have amazing road holding, and i quite like all the toys...air con etc.

The clio and I defintely starting to bond now, although i always keep a watchful eye on the 205s on ebay just in case a bargain crops up that would make a a good second car/toy...... Don't tell my missus, (she never looks in the garage anyway)

my main bug bare at the moment is the steering wheel is huge, the gear lever to far forward, the seats to high, and it's still under warranty so i can't change any of it :( .

anyway, introductions done hope to have many more enjoyable miles!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The RenaultSports loosen up and get better/faster with time so you should be in for more fun :)

Megane225FF
it wont feel as fast as your old pug if you'd stripped the old pug out with that engine in it too...

welcome to CS

I went from a gtturbo to a 172 and although the 172 felt slower its more down to the fact its better made and less of a rattly low biscuit tin. As for seating position and steering wheel you could fit some buckets with custom low subframes and get a 320mm wheel to replace the factory one.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Reaplcement wheel, quickshift gear lever and buckets. sorted. b****cks to warranty. hehe :)

Welcome Tom.

Remapped derv Golf
If you wanted a direct replacement you should have got a 172 Cup. The 182 is a newer much more refined car than the old Pug.

We bought a F reg 56k 205 1.6 for £150 a couple of years ago. Just needed its bonnet resprayed. So much fun!!!

Welcome

Clio 172 mk2
Welcome to the club.

I used to own a 205 when I was in my teens and it was a fun car to drive...I just think the new 172/182 variants are just more refined.

Ad

MK2 FRS
CupCake said:
Reaplcement wheel, quickshift gear lever and buckets. sorted. b****cks to warranty. hehe :)

Welcome Tom.

^^ couldnt agree more... that was the planned for mine. Coilover help as well.

RenaultSport clio 182
Thanks for all the welcomes and replies fellas.

i did think about a 172 cup as a freind had one. i thought as i was getting a new car (one year old) i would get one with all the creature compforts, and the interior is soo much nicer in a full fat.

i've been thinking about the steering wheel but don't really want to lose the airbag/ cruise control so i think, for the time being at least it will have to stay.

i am really tempted by a de cat pipe though especially as it seems so cheap from GDI.

can you get lower subframes for the standard seats?

RenaultSport clio 182
Mondial172 said:
If you wanted a direct replacement you should have got a 172 Cup. The 182 is a newer much more refined car than the old Pug.

We bought a F reg 56k 205 1.6 for £150 a couple of years ago. Just needed its bonnet resprayed. So much fun!!!

Welcome

Your right, grins per pound theres not much to touch them. i think i'd have another one if i wasn't about start commuting a hour a day.

tom182 said:
can you get lower subframes for the standard seats?

nope afraid not. The drivers side is lower than the passenger one to start with but due to the seat/runners (take a peek under and it will become apparent) it wont go lower. Only way you can get a lower position without going for buckets with a custom subframe is to get a set of the optional recaros as they sit marginally lower than the standard ones.

Megane Mk4
Welcome to CS tom182.
One of my neighbours has a 1.9 GTi pug.. Fast little motor and he's always making the point his is quicker but, in my defence he says mines excellent for the corners and if he could swap his handling for mine he said it'd be the perfect setup :D
Hope you dont miss your pug too much and we hope you have fun driving the 182 just as much ;)

Andi