ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flip key conversion

BPY

16v 1.2
Anybody know how to do this from a standard ph2 key?
i've read similar threads, but everyone just questioned why you'd want to do it.
I want to because the current key looks ugly, as well as uncomfortable when in a pocket with a piece of metal sticking into your arse.
Has anyone done this? If not, what would be the best direction to take?
ta

BPY

16v 1.2
You'd have to buy something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REFURBISH...icle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item4ab5c16e83

Then work out how to get the electrical gubbins from yours to link to the buttons on the new one (which would be a nightmare) and fit your transponder in it or the immobiliser won't work

Good luck!
Okay, I'll have a go at that. Out of curiosity, how does the transponder work? Does it just have to be in proximity with the metal of the blade or the ignition or what?
Thanks

Around the ignition barrel is a transponder ring that reads the code off the key. It's a little tiny black chip in the key.
It's the same way that NFC works

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I would like to find a way to completely do away with the key if I could.
I already have a key secured within the ring and tucked up behind the dash so I can just run the car from a switch panel, but in an ideal world id like to do away with this completely.

Kelv - that would be easy with aftermarket management - just run the igntion wires from a panel rather than the key fob

But if you're still using the standard ECU you'd have to get the immobiliser removed from it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Kelv - that would be easy with aftermarket management - just run the igntion wires from a panel rather than the key fob

But if you're still using the standard ECU you'd have to get the immobiliser removed from it.

or just tape the key inside the transponder ring

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
It's already taped in to it and been tucked out of the way for some time Chip, but ideally I'd like to remove it completely otherwise it's going to be one more thing I'm trying to hide underneath just the top half of a dash when the lower half is all removed.
The more I can remove which isn't needed will make life easier and neater.

Is it easy to have the immobilizer side of things removed?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
It's already taped in to it and been tucked out of the way for some time Chip, but ideally I'd like to remove it completely otherwise it's going to be one more thing I'm trying to hide underneath just the top half of a dash when the lower half is all removed.
The more I can remove which isn't needed will make life easier and neater.

Is it easy to have the immobilizer side of things removed?

company on ebay that will remove the immobiliser from the ecu for £150 or you can get a pod that plugs into the obd port with the immobiliser code in for £75.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
A pod?
does this fully disarm the immobiliser for good, can the pod then be removed?