ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flikr issue

BG 182
gents,

i have just transfered all my photos from photobucket to my Macbook Pro and i am now going to transfer them to Flikr as i have been told photobucket ruins the quality of images and videos. and iphoto can link straight to flikr with ease.

now on photobucket you can post the IMG link into a thread so the photo shows up and you can add just the pic without clicking a link. it would appear that you cannot do this with Flikr, all you can do is post up a link to the pic.

is this correct?

i dont want to post loads of links to 10 photos because like myself cant be arsed to click open links to loads of photos i just want to able to see them.

thanks

If you've transferred from photobucket to your MBP, you've lost all the quality anyway, so it doesn't matter where you host them. Might as well leave them there.

But for new pictures, it's not as easy to post them like it is with photobucket. You can press the share button and get the url, but it takes longer.

Seat Ibiza FR
Could you not just right click the image, click on "copy image URL" then pop the URL in to IMG tags?

url]

^^ Like that but without the spaces. ^^

Cupra
Flickr video also noticeably degrades the quality compared to YouTube & Vimeo, in full HD anyway.

BG 182
ive found it, u can copy the BBCode, to add a link to the picture. i thought about the quality issue and its ok as all the photobucket pics i had where only of crap quality from old phones etc but i had no backup due to loosing the hardrive they where stored on. and now ive purchase a canon 1000d i felt the need for flikr oh and also a new external Haeddrive to back all my photos up with.

thanks for the info, im now all setup.

Flickr is more of a portfolio than just a host.

A lot of people (myself included) have had people copy the pics and not link back and claim them as their own, so that's why they do it.