ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fleeced by Renault

Focus ST

Booked the valver in at my local Renault dealership for its major annual service cos I wanted a proper job done, and was quoted a quite reasonable £170 including all parts labour and VaT.

Get a call at lunchtime today saying that they recommend I dont drive it due to a leaking brake line, damaged rear engine mount dogbone (whatever that is) and a split driveshaft gaiter - and its gonna cost me £483 instead of £170.

Anyone else think this sounds bloody expensive? Feel like Im being robbed!:mad:

erm well it shouldnt cost that much to do it lol altogether i think those parts wold come to about £60 do it your self or go to a smaller garage

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Just tell them to carry out the work stated.Not what they want to recomend.Go to a friend to carry out minor jobs that they say are life threatening.The parts for all that would cost no more than £100 so look at the labour charges..

regards ,ian

Focus ST

Thats what I thought, just wasnt sure what sort of labour would be involved in repairing those sorts of things? Surely not £253 worth??!!

Utter pish take!

Mk2 Golf GTI

dogbone is the gearbox mount, cost me £30, the steering gaiters were £6 for 2. not sure about engine mount or brake line though, id say they were trying to skank you!

Focus ST

ok, getting the idea that the parts are cheap now, but ive bought parts direct through them before and they dont seem to overcharge.

Anyone know how big a job it is to sort these things out labour-wise though, heard you need to align engine on a jig when you change the engine mounts? Their hourly labour rate must be ridiculous

Revels Mum & Sister

Nah if its the Dogbone mate! Easy job

Support the engine and take the weight off. Then take out 2 bolts and pop new mount on! No jig needed dude!

Gaiters wont be much either neither will a brake line!

Take it elsewhere!

Most Renault garages are trained to fleece you im sure! Ive been to all 3 of my local ones in a 50 mile distance and each was truly shocking!!

The main dealers wanted nothing to do with my import 172, the francised dealers had me waiting 3 weeks for parts and treated me like sh*t.. and to top it off my new "down the road" renault dealership charged me £170 for a oil change service!! :eek:

Then they charged me £40 for a MOT!! :eek::eek:

Good service tho... for a change :sleep: