ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat Battery - could it cause airbag probs?

Ph2 Flamer
Basically car has been off the road for a couple of months. Battery completely died so charged it up and now the airbig light and serv light come on, go off and back on again when turning the car on.

Thought it might be the slipring/clock thing as the the wires came out on inspecting it, so replaced that. Have wiggled about with the wires under the drivers seat, re plaugged them back in etc and the lights still there. Before I go buying resitors etc is there any way having the car loose all charge could have caused the airbag ecu to have some sort of fault on it?

Oh and i pluged my cheapo odb fault reader in and it's saying there are no fault codes..... would have thought there would have to be if a light was showing.

Any advice appreciated

not 100% on this fella but arent there resistors in the air bag wiring system?

maybe one of those has gone?

if the ECU registered a fault and the lights are on mate they should have codes.. try a garage for a diagnostics, and get them to re-set the codes and see if they return whilst driving?

When my battery died I had these lights come on. I took it to a local garage who cleared the fault codes. The lights came on because of the low voltage. Been fine ever since.

Ph2 Flamer
Cheers, had another poke around, wiggled the wires about and moved the passenger seat back and forth and it's gone.... Must be the Frenchness