ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat battery? alarm and immobiliser problems

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
got in the car today, started fine but had to jump start it last night as had been sat for a while waiting for the uch to be fixed. got 2 work no problem, came back and car would not unlock with the key button even from righ up close:mad: had to open the door with the key which set the alarm off and couldnt stop it!! tried starting the car but wouldnt do it coz the immobiliser wouldnt disarm, tried jump starting from my work van but nothing, alarm just kept going off and now car is stuck at work till i can sort it!!!:mad::mad: could it just be the battery is knackered? the key fob red light still flashes and was working fine this morning. Dont know why all this seems to happen just as im coming to try and sell it!! at least the new owner wont have anything to worry about lol
just so you know ive had the uch repaired, woudnt be anything to do with that would it??

n2x

e60/f10
Im just trying to sell my clio too and the same thing happened exept my lock is broken. The key didnt turn off the immobiliser so i called the company where i had it fixed 2 weeks ago. They showed up, started the car with a portable battery charger and now i gotta pay 300£ to fix the immobiliser problem and get 2 new keys with a new lock. Thats the worst case scenario but be prepared for it :S

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
i bloody hope it isnt that! lol i wont b spendin £300 if im gona sell it, will just take it off wot im askin for it. Have sorted the problem for now anyway, turns out the battery was too flat to disarm the immob and alarm. Think the battery in the key fob is on the way out as 1 minute it will operate the central locking and the next it wont!!