ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat battery after one two days standing

Hi everyone new to this site!!
Got 182 had two new batteries just to check stands for a day after twenty mile run , battery dead not even lights on dash ???
Checked lights and current drain less than spec re AA guy !
Any ideas be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Steve - LEICESTER

clio 172
Have you measured the current draw with everything switched off? you should see some consumption if your battery is draining that quick. I'd pull fuses out one by one whilst watching the reading until it drops... Then investigate the circuit that fuse is related to... Something will be shorting somewhere. There may be a better way to do it but id start with that.

Clio 182
Could you please post your finding. I've a similar issue which was initially resolved by replacing the pink ignition relay which was causing the starter motor to fail to engage. You could test this by swapping the two pink relays in the fuse box area. However that did not fix my problem as my battery has dropped from fully charged to 11.8 overnight and the starter won't fire again.

Im told it's a connection problem between the relay and the starter motor.