ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flash videos laggy

FF RB 182
This has been doing my head in for a long while, my laptop is a few years old now but is still ok for most things I do on here. But when it comes to playing Flash videos on some websites mainly pr0n and facebook videos they lag like hell and either all i can hear is the audio and video takes ages to catch up or its like i'm watching the video in slow motion.. put the video in full screen and it plays fine. YouTube is normally fine, apart from HD videos they lag like hell.

Using Firefox latest version, latest version of Flash etc. Tried turning off hardware acceleration and other things ive found on Google.

Any ideas on what to try.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
What does task manager say whilst you are running the videos? Click the performance tab.

CLS320 with a D6
Flash is inherently CPU intensive. ^do this and check what's raping the machine during p**n

FF RB 182
Noticed teatimer.exe was raping the cpu disabled it hoping ti would fix it but it hasn't... just think I need a new laptop tbh. Screenshots to follow..

FF RB 182
lag.jpg

lag1.jpg

CLS320 with a D6
106 processes is wayyyy too much to be running. Spesh on Vista. run msconfig and do a swift cull of startup items and services that aren't essential.

Nice slut btw. She looks thirsty

FF RB 182
There is only 15 items starting on start up.

I rarely shut my laptop down properly, and always leave it in 'hibernation' Will this clog the memory up.

FF RB 182
Lol at the screengrabs!

Tried without skype?

Had to be realistic didn't it? haha

Ive just closed Skype i'll give it another shot...

edit: No joy started off well so paused it open another video and played that.. all gone laggy and s**t :(

CLS320 with a D6
There is only 15 items starting on start up.

I rarely shut my laptop down properly, and always leave it in 'hibernation' Will this clog the memory up.

Are they essential? Also check the services, tick the hide microsoft services and see what's in there. Should be running about 50 processes tops

FF RB 182
Just removed a few, doing a restart and getting the c100001a error code or something like that, did it other day.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I would check its all up to date, windows, flash, java etc.

Then close everything from the tray that is not required and try again.

FF RB 182
C00000021a

Blue screen error. That's a corrupt windows boot up file? I think it's time for a new laptop.. any interest free websites with half decent laptops?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just re-install windows, windows 8 is £30 i think. Much cheaper than a new laptop.

FF RB 182
It's 5 years old has been dropped on the floor numerous times the fan sounds like a jet engine and randomly starts and stops. Pretty temperamental. It's working again now.
Back up of my photos and music and a format sounds like a good call though

FF RB 182
Na want to stick with Windows tbh, I bought a Asus tablet thing with a keyboard attachment 2 years ago, its just gathering dust now, was ideal when i was travelling and going away alot but just doesn't beat a laptop.

Do you mean just restore system/windows files?

FF RB 182
Yeah ive got the seperate partition for the system files on this machine its a HP thing.

What confuses me is that videos play fine in fullscreen.

182 Trophy #333
My Firefox does this regularly, its the way it handles plugins like flash etc, CPU maxes out, there's a way to disable the plugin container which makes flash run within the Firefox process rather than as a separate one, seemed to make it a lot faster!