ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer... Now with spacers

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not being cheeky about it Gouldy don't get me wrong - just saying what "I have taken on board" from searching the forum, asking in a few threads about decent spacers and pestering a few mechanics as well. Purely due to the fact I wouldn't want a wheel flying off as a side effect to lovely looking arches - as you yourself described :)

BlackGold 182
So by running these spacers with longer bolts, that means your forfeiting your locking nuts? And how can you tell if the bolts are strong enough material?

Disastra Coupe
So by running these spacers with longer bolts, that means your forfeiting your locking nuts? And how can you tell if the bolts are strong enough material?

I never had locking nuts in the first place, it's an import... Jeez lol.

Disastra Coupe
Yea, if i got Turini's or something else then i'd put some on - can't see many folk's wanting mine though. Plus they're ready for a refurb so makes them less desirable again lol.

Hubcentric or not, spacers are f**king horrible things to drive a car with anyway, hate the things.

That does look bloody good though.

Disastra Coupe
Hubcentric or not, spacers are f**king horrible things to drive a car with anyway, hate the things.

That does look bloody good though.

Haha, i can't say it's affected it in a bad way tbh... Other than a little bit of scrubbage when cornering hard.

I tried asking load's of folk's on here if anyone had done it and about effect's it might have but no one ever came back with an answer so just bit the bullet.

But thanks also :)

Disastra Coupe
Did you lose any ride quality at all?

No, i've been really focusing on it tbh as i was wondering how it would affect the car. It doesn't seem any harsher.

I also wondered if it would make the steering a bit more twitchy over bump's being as the hub normally sit's in the centre of the wheel but obviously with spacer's it doesn't anymore - but there's no twitchyness either.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Haha, i can't say it's affected it in a bad way tbh... Other than a little bit of scrubbage when cornering hard.

I tried asking load's of folk's on here if anyone had done it and about effect's it might have but no one ever came back with an answer so just bit the bullet.

But thanks also :)

I have the H&R 15mm (hubcentric/flanged/with bit sticking out) spacers to go on (after spending an eternity looking into what was best) but now trying to source a clunking noise in the front before fitting them lol :eek:

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I'd love to get some on my Flamer. I reckon it only needs 10mm front and back though.

And maybe a 30mm suspension drop.

Actually f**k it, I don't mod cars any more.

Disastra Coupe
Don't think you will get them tbh. Not at 10mm. It wouldn't really work as there wouldn't be enough material for all the machining needed.

Black Sheep
Looks really good. Going to buy spacers for mines. I have seen some on venom. I was thinking of getting a 40 mm increase on front and back. Can you tell me why you just got 30 mm increase on the rear?

Disastra Coupe
Mainly because the rear wheels are further out than the front from standard.

If you're as low as me then the backs WILL rub a LOT with 40mm. Mine are close now.

Si

RS Clio 172
Like that. been after some myself. Did the kit come with longer bolts? What do you do about locking nuts?

Disastra Coupe
Like that. been after some myself. Did the kit come with longer bolts? What do you do about locking nuts?

Yea the kit came with longer bolts. ATM I'm not running locking nuts but I know I'll be able to get them from my local after market wheel dealer so I'll get some off them soon enough :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
On the thought of locking nuts, can you get 2 pairs in different lengths to all use the same key?

As you have 2 different sizes of spacer on the front & rear, be a bit of a pain to have 2 sets of locking nuts.

Disastra Coupe
On the thought of locking nuts, can you get 2 pairs in different lengths to all use the same key?

As you have 2 different sizes of spacer on the front & rear, be a bit of a pain to have 2 sets of locking nuts.

If it came to buying 2 kit's then maybe if someone else on here is doing the same with spacer's we could split the cost ;) haha. If the key's will fit, hmmm....

Disastra Coupe
Cheers pal. Yep, they suit it perfect imo. Although i keep getting tempted by silver pro race 1.2's.

clio 172 sport
what size of spacers did you use bud,thats my next mod on my list as my wheels seem to sit in too much :)

VaVa
Very nice.

Changing to Cup Turinis on my 172 had a similar effect. (10mm either side iirc - ET48.5 to ET38.5). Seems like nothing, but is noticeable.