ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer cleaned + Bimarcos (56k!!)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lovely seats!!

Only one thing to consider though, have you thought about what happens when you roll a car with fixed buckets, harnesses & no cage.

Yup, there is a possibility that the roof will collapse on your head.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Gorgeous seats, as Dave says though with the risks. Only reason I don't have buckets and harnesses

Cro

Meg'd r27
Surely the roof would collapse whether you have normal seats or fixed buckets?
Would you not be at a greater risk in standard seats as you would no doubt be thrown around alot more?!

Its the cage makes the difference

Track 172cup
seats and harnesses look great mate

I have Futuras too, and travel to Heathrow quite a lot, it's about a 2hr journey. It does get quite uncomfortable towards the end, but I don't care really. Awesome for the price :)

not good to hear haha, i'm lookin into getting these and will be doing a few long journeys in whatever i get (5hr +) :S

seats and harnesses look great mate

not good to hear haha, i'm lookin into getting these and will be doing a few long journeys in whatever i get (5hr +) :S

If your regularly doing that sort of journey, then don't bother with buckets...simple.
I say it's a bit uncomfortable, but I'm sure that's nothing a cushion couldn't fix ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I done a couple of short journeys in these seats, and found them surprising comfy :approve:

I'll more then likely fit a set, when the clio is no longer a daily driver (if that ever happens..lol)

Yeh I should have said they can be a bit uncomfy on long journeys, but tbh what bucket seat isn't?!

They are incredibly comfortable on shorter journeys though :)

Track 172cup
If your regularly doing that sort of journey, then don't bother with buckets...simple.
I say it's a bit uncomfortable, but I'm sure that's nothing a cushion couldn't fix ;)

nah the only journeys will be to a track so i'm sure i'll be able to live with it, as you said what more can you expect from buckets ! they definitely look among the comfier fixed buckets out there

Tip: If you're driving to a trackday, allow for quite some time between you arriving and actually getting on track. After 3hrs to Bedford, we got there just in time for briefing, more driving was the last thing I wanted to do as my ass was ruined lol!

PS. If you're ever in the area and fancy a sit, let me know as you're not a million miles away :)

Track 172cup
haha good point mate, tbh as it will be a fair trek wherever i go from up here in Scotland (apart from Knockhill) i'll be looking at staying over so it's all good

JB

RB 182 Cup
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

Veeery nice.

How you find the seats on a long journey?

Not too bad, as always with buckets it's never going to be plush but that's not why I bought them :evil:

Like some people have said, if you find it too uncomfortable get a cushion though I haven't had to resort to this yet.

The GF was horrified when she realised what she had to clamber in to everytime we went somewhere but she's come around haha.

Sir_Dave said:
Lovely seats!!

Only one thing to consider though, have you thought about what happens when you roll a car with fixed buckets, harnesses & no cage.

Yup, there is a possibility that the roof will collapse on your head.

I hadn't thought about that until I read a post in another thread a few days ago!

The Bimarcos are coming out soonish and the full interior is going back in, then a full service and 4 new tyres. I've fallen for RB 182 Cups and are on the look out for one which I'll give the full works (Bimarcos back in, cage, and hopefully some serious engine fettling!)

I'm resisting the temptation of the track until I get a car I know I'll keep for a long time.