ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame red 172 - Crawley Down Garages @ 3:30pm

Titanium 182
I was in the flame red which you looked over to as I was pulling into Shell/Renault garage, registration plate GV53 UZU! Somebody on here maybe?

Had 172, now 182
Not to sure matey, but i was travelling past there at that time and remember looking at another flamer......... Did you notice if it had a laguna front splitter on it?

Titanium 182
Not to sure matey, but i was travelling past there at that time and remember looking at another flamer......... Did you notice if it had a laguna front splitter on it?

Didn't really look tbh, I was fixated on seeing if you/the person was going to wave at me! lol!

Do you smoke? Because if you do, that kind of narrows it down to you! :)

Had 172, now 182
I do indeed, so it must have been me! Sorry for not waving! In all honesty, its hit and miss with waving at some rs clio drivers as they just look at you with the facial expression of "who the fcuk are you?!" lol
Ill keep an eye out for ya next time if your local???
I actually work at CDG n was on my way to mac d's for lunch!! Had been a long day!!!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
May I just say, that some people at CDG are useless! I'm sure you're not, being a fellow owner!

Alot of CS'ers coming out of the woodwork recently in this area.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
May I just say, that some people at CDG are useless! I'm sure you're not, being a fellow owner!

Alot of CS'ers coming out of the woodwork recently in this area.

Ooh pressure..

I'm glad you said some people

Had 172, now 182
Hmmmm, compliment or not............. lol
Been there for four years so cant be all that bad! Plus Rich has been there longer than that i believe, if u dont count the stop gap for BMW that is.......
Maybe we should arrange a local meet if there are more and more people in the area coming outta the woodwork? Would CDG workers be allowed tho????

Had 172, now 182
Next time I see ya i will wave frantically just to be safe!! However, if you see me stack into a bush or tree or something afterwards in your rear view, please turn round and help!! lol
Hows the flamer anyways? Enjoying it?

WANTED Arctic 182
Can either of you (if you work for crawley down) find out how much my service is going to cost? :approve:

Had 172, now 182
For a fiver, sure ill find out, no worries!! lol
Richard will probably know, im not service end im afraid mate!!

Black Gold Trophy
It's only parts that myself and Amy have had trouble with. A couple guys there are alright, however there is one guy that constantly looks miserable as sin and is dead set on inflicting it on CDG's customers! lol!

Had 172, now 182
Hmmm, this is definately the point where my mouth closes and i basically shut the f?*k up!! lol.............
I wonder who you could be talking about..........

172, Tiguan
if u dont count the stop gap for BMW that is.......

Haha! :D Ian, didn't realise you were on here as well, its Rich's friend Jon - we met on a Ditchling run one morning when I had the Primera.

CDG is ok especially if you get through to the right person, as for servicing costs give them a call, I believe they have multiple phones ;)

Bye for now!

Had 172, now 182
Hello hello!!! Small world huh?! lol
Was a good laugh that morning!! Would be great in the summer time to do again!!

Black Gold Trophy
Hmmm, this is definately the point where my mouth closes and i basically shut the f?*k up!! lol.............
I wonder who you could be talking about..........

lol! I'm pretty sure it isnt you mate, cos I'm sure I saw you in horley.
If I'm correct your reg starts with something like HX53, you're pretty tall and have fair (wouldnt quite say blonde) hair?

WANTED Arctic 182
Well I booked it in and forgot to ask, doh!. Just want to be prepared for when they tell me. I shall find out tomorrow.

Anyone got an idea how much it is roughly.

4 year/36,000 service on a 1.4

ta

Black Gold Trophy
Surely you can just call up and ask without telling them you've already booked it in for a service?

Had 172, now 182
You stalking me?! Pretty accurate description i would have said!! No, its more grey than blonde these days!!
Seriously think we should arrange a local meet.......
Anyone interested or is it too cold still?

As for the servicing price, just ring up, easiest thing to do. They will tell you the cost, he says!!!

172, Tiguan
My Clio Mk3 1.2 was £180 @ mates discount. Thanks Rich...

Ian, are you coming to Wales with us in March?

Black Gold Trophy
You stalking me?! Pretty accurate description i would have said!! No, its more grey than blonde these days!!
Seriously think we should arrange a local meet.......
Anyone interested or is it too cold still?

As for the servicing price, just ring up, easiest thing to do. They will tell you the cost, he says!!!

lol! You'll get me in trouble with the missus (Amy) drove past you in horley, I swear you waved!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Wha? I'm confused...Be in trouble cause you're stalking people? Pff, don't bother me dear.

I've seen you Ian, as per my spotted thread. There's a gay thread in the meets section but it's not really local local.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Can either of you (if you work for crawley down) find out how much my service is going to cost? :approve:

Ask them about 'Option Plus' servicing. For cars over 3 yrs old.

Last time I looked @ prices a service that included:

-Oil and Filter change
-Air Filter
-Spark plugs

was about £160 ish. Uses factor parts but does get you a stamp in the book!

Ask for Dan/Shirley and tell them Richard in Sales reffered you;)

Hello Mark!

Last edited:
  WANTED Arctic 182
Ask them about 'Option Plus' servicing. For cars over 3 yrs old.

Last time I looked @ prices a service that included:

-Oil and Filter change
-Air Filter
-Spark plugs

was about £160 ish. Uses factor parts but does get you a stamp in the book!

Ask for Dan/Shirley and tell them Richard in Sales reffered you;)

Hello Mark!

Cool. I think i've spoken to Dan a couple of times when the coils went.

Had 172, now 182
There's a gay thread/QUOTE]

Thanks........... lol. I thought people were nice on here!!
Just messing around!

Thats the thing with this "waving business"! Some people accept it, and others are seriously like, who the fcuk are you?!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
They wave in Clandon...including meggy owners :approve:

Ooh pressure..

I'm glad you said some people

Richard, do you ever phone Santander about finance deals etc? If so, I think I spoke to you last week or summinnnn. I was going to say something cause I had a feeling it was someone from here, but didn't want to risk looking a pleb.

Had 172, now 182
Not that im answering for Richard, but the showrooms do use Santander finance. Im guessing the answer would be yes!

They never bloody wave crawley, redhill, horley, crawley down, east grinstead............ the list goes on and on and on! Just rude if you ask me!!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I wave to 2 people on a regular basis in town, s'all good.

Then it was prob him that I spoke to...I'm a funder at salamander - oh the fun.

Had 172, now 182
It could well have been him! Will have to wait for a response from the man himself! Ill give him a nudge when i see him next!

Thats fair enough then, at least some people wave!

Sorry to ask in this thread, but the meet....... Are we possibly going for a convoy drive somewhere too?

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
hummm, we could do, tbh hadn't thought of it but we'll bound to end up going somewhere. Not really sure of where we could go for convoy - gatwick straights are pretty good for speedy gonzalez though, but we have to think of the non-sports haha.

Had 172, now 182
Gatwick Straights are ok, but I much prefer twistys! Maybe if its a nice evening, go up to box hill or something?
I guess we shall just wait and see what happens!

WANTED Arctic 182
It's 50 down the gatwick straights anyway so course our non sports will keep up. Unless your planning on speeding of course ;)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Gatwick straights are pretty good just for a blast, and a whizz around the roundabouts - though I'm not all that good at them.
They're 50 and rarely policed...

Back of redhill, as in going into Nutfield? They're ok, but the roads aren't that great condition imo, and my car feels dodgy as f**k atm cause the tracking needs doing!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
They wave in Clandon...including meggy owners :approve:

Richard, do you ever phone Santander about finance deals etc? If so, I think I spoke to you last week or summinnnn. I was going to say something cause I had a feeling it was someone from here, but didn't want to risk looking a pleb.

Hello Amy, yes thats me.

Will say hi next time I'm chasing a payout/your chasing a payout!;)

Small world
Lol

172 Cup
Gatwick straights are pretty good just for a blast, and a whizz around the roundabouts - though I'm not all that good at them.
They're 50 and rarely policed...

Back of redhill, as in going into Nutfield? They're ok, but the roads aren't that great condition imo, and my car feels dodgy as f**k atm cause the tracking needs doing!

Those roundabouts are fun!
I got pulled over in October last year on the Gatwick Straights, i was stupidly overtaking a police car though :(

Agreed with the condition of those roads, i drive the backroads from Smallfield to Bletchingley each morning and they're terrible!