ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flame 172

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Ive had my 172 for around 3 months now and my old car i had a while ago has came up for sale which i am tempted by. Im just wundering what you think my 172 would sell for reasonably quikly? Its a 51 reg 62k miles flame red mint con inside and out. A few mods it has include 17 tsw pace alloys in gun metal grey, a magnex bb, bmc airfilter, fk coilovers and after market head unit and uprated engine mounts. It has 3 months tax left and 4 months mot. Has had the belts done recently and some previous service reciepts. Any values wecome.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not much if you want to sell it quick,
5k?

maybe put it back to standard and sell the mods?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So whats mine worth?
4 new tyres 12 months MOT and tax, all belts done few months ago, new gearbox + clutch about 5 months ago?

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
So you think at 4.5k it would sell quikly? The only thing that will concern people is that it doesnt have a full service history? And i would do the sell the mods thing but i havnt got them, bought it with the mods on.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much of the service history is missing, i know i wouldn't look twice at it.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Wel it just has bits and pieces to be honest mate, whats the most i would be looking at taking that in2 account?

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Wel i now your saying you wouldnt buy it mate but im asking how much its worth, im not asking if you want to buy it. It runs mint and it has never give me a problem to be honest

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much of the service history is missing, i know i wouldn't look twice at it.

says the guy who's car has spent more time in the garage than out...

Lol i know, but my car is in good nic, hopefully yozzasport, rentech and SBV116 (Birchdown services) would vouch for that.

Expensive components just fail for fun when i drive it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wel i now your saying you wouldnt buy it mate but im asking how much its worth, im not asking if you want to buy it. It runs mint and it has never give me a problem to be honest

Yeah I should have been more speciffic, just narrows the market, afterall people would want proof it's been looked after.

Last edited:
  Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
yeah i would be specific if i was to sell it mate was just looking for a ruff idea of what i would i could potentially get for it. And if you some1 seen it/drove it they would tell its been well looked after. Cheers for the input anyway mate

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'd be thinking £4.5k. Back to standard and you'll probably get coming on for £700 if not more for all the bits if you ebay them!

Dan