ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flamage !

Stanced Honda S2000
hi there,

im hoping you guys can help.. i dont really want opinions on flamer kits just a bit of help

i have a clio dynamique and have fitted a flamer kit on my clio except it doesnt flame,

i have spark plug, coil etc and all earthed and a switch also....

now... apparently i have to get something to '' confuse'' the ecu...

i have a cat and can get it MOT'd without or a broken one... lol

basically i just want her to flame... how do i get round it ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you either need a proper butane flamer kit, or a really powerful car. A 1.2 will not produce enough unburnt fuel to ignite it with just a spark plug.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
superfastdan said:
you either need a proper butane flamer kit, or a really powerful car. A 1.2 will not produce enough unburnt fuel to ignite it with just a spark plug.

Ive got to disagree there. my mate had a 1.1 popular plus fiesta. That used to kick out huge flames with just a spark plug. No idea how he did it though. But trust me they were the bigggest flames i have ever seen come from a car....never mind a 1.1 :eek:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
superfastdan said:

i also dont agree, if any cars timin is set slightly out then it should produce flames with a spark. you just need to trick the ecu to inject the fuel a bit late so unburnt fuel goes down the exhaust.

Tangoed Works
I think weak flames look crap on their own tbh, you want a loud bang accompanied with a bit of flamage. Like a firework coming out of the exhaust not someone lighting their fart.

Whatever floats your boat though!

Stanced Honda S2000
apparently.. as somebody has said... you needto trick the ecu, cut the spark plugs or something so that it dumps more fuel in

mymate has a 1.4 astra and has a cat (well..had) and all he did was just got this ecu confuser and it flames like a guddun !

any ideas where to get these or wire ?

Clio 197
^^

A resistor would do that.

You can place one across the air temperature sensor, fooling it into thinking the air is cooler than it really is. With cooler (denser) air, it can run more fuel, so more fuel will then be injected AFAIK.

^ true. But. on over run(when you want flames) the ecu cuts fuel and not spark. so the only way of getting flames with an EFi car is butane, or secondary fuel injection past the cylinder(so exhaust)

Clio 197
Danlp6 said:
^ true. But. on over run(when you want flames) the ecu cuts fuel and not spark. so the only way of getting flames with an EFi car is butane, or secondary fuel injection past the cylinder(so exhaust)

:evil:

MK1 Clio 16v
My valver makes tiny flames without any additional kit, just a decat, when it pops, but the fuel ignites in the manifold not at the end of the exhaust, so the flames aren't very big by the time they reach the end.

If you want flames get some sort of gas/fuel pumped into the exhaust just before the spark plug or something, that'll sort you out.

Stanced Honda S2000
hmm looks like a butane thing... or decat... i have a spark plug in at the minute.. so am guessing with a decat i could get a few going...

best place to get a decat ?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
this thread is gay...real flames only son... get a de-cat and zorst on a proper car

clio 16v
ive always thought it would be cool to have a flamer kit, but don't think id keep my licence. imagine the next time time some ***** sits on ur ass, flick a switch and his bumper melts off the front!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Get a bottle of Sambucka and stick a rag through the bottle head and neck, light the rag, watch it burn up rag, and before it hits the bucka throw it through your car window!! Jobs a good 'un! Proper flamage!

Tyson.

Stanced Honda S2000
ffs i said i didnt want comments on it...

besides...ex area rep as the club was filling up with pillocks like yourselves...

can anybody help ?

Stanced Honda S2000
decat ? k-tec dont dont those anymore becuase it makes the clio run unstable apparently

am gussing the sports cat would be no good ?

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
mine pops on overrun with stainless and decat, mate who was following me home from when i bought it said i had flames popping out, air leak seems to sometimes do the trick.. dont know why tho lol