ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fk konigsports? rear wont go low at all!? FRED?

hi. so i baught some fk jonigsport coilovers abiout a month or so ago and fitted them all correctly. but now they have bedded in i can finally sort the ride height out and put the car on its dish!

so lowerd the front no problem had the verniers on them and lighned them all up, all well, jobs a good one!

now the rear, wound the rear passenger side down about half way on the two rings on the spring platform and no the cars sitting fairly low, the trye sits abit into the arch.

now winding down the rear drivers side half way and taking it of the jack and releasing the handbrake, cehcking the srprings sitting correctly it hasnt went down at all? and i mean thers a 1'half inch arch gap from top of trye to arch lip? so took it around the block to see if it would shake itself down. nope still sittign incorectly. one side slammed the other sky high.

so next thing i try is to wind the rings all the way down as far as they can go, still its sitting exactly the same but higher than the other side which is only wound down to half way?

the coilovers are fitted correctly, tried softenign the adjutable damping to sofests setting, turnig the springs around so they both sit facing the same way, no luck?

please help!?

both springs are the same, both stamped with same i.d.

hmm, theyve had long enugh to settle, one sides wound just before half way and its pretty low, and the other side is wound completley all the way down and sits very high, like what they would do if woud all the way up?

i could try removing both springs and swapping them over and see if its still the same?

could it have anything to do with buishes, or the rear axel itself?

thanks
pete

yeah, itl have to be tomorow though as its a tad to dark for decent photos, however il be up at darlo on tuesday i think at exhasut a fix to get my exhaust mounts sorted out and my exhaust lifting up. im honestly stumped to whats going on with it.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
DSC_0649.jpg

does yours look this this?

DSC_0287-1.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

most certainley does look like that, all correct parts came, fitted, bedded in, try to slam it and doesnt have any of it.

i wonder if theres anything appart from the spring thats not letting it go down...?

i can only think to swap the srpings over and see what happens, if nothing happens then im almost sure i cancel out the springs being the issue?

however when swaping them and it does go low then i know i have 1 guff spring..

cheers mate, yeah il have a pop down to darlo tomorow, your only down the road.
just thinking should i try swapping the springs at home first to see if that solves it, and if not il take a drive down your way and see if you can see whats going on with it.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
well wierd :S

mine didnt need to settle was just low when fitted,

as for exhaust mount get some rubber pipe and cable tie it in, exhaust a fix will probs take your eyes out

yeah no bother;

just ring us on 07792208497

allready done that lol. my exhaust mount has gave up on me and the 2 nuts tac welded on the top have came loose and started spinning so i cant remove the exhaust mount. so im stuck with a shaged mount that has 1 too many tie wraps with copper couplers wraped into place to lift the hanger up. thought about burning the heads of the bolts to remove the mount and just fit a new one and drop bolts through the top down over and nut on the bottom but i think there welded/ sealed up where the tac welded nuts are?

what time around, say 1ish if thats okay, gives me plenty of time to have another poke about with the springs and so i can try changing them over tomorow morning.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
ahhh mine had no rubber left at all so shoved in some rubber pipe and it doesnt move at all! lol

yeah 1ish is fine ill be arround all day :)

haha, best way to keep it in place! renault exhaust mounts are mad from cheese! allthuogh mines really stiff i somtimes worry wether its causing damage to other things such as the manifold welds everything being so stiff and limited movement for the exhaust to move with the engines instead of the engine shunting the exhaust about on hard shifting.

anyway see yaah tmorow matey, il text you rroumd 12ish or so, cheers for the help, much appriciated!

pete

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Could the damper be sticking or faulty? Nothing to do with the spring. Surely if a faulty spring was the cause they would be noticeably different in length to have this effect!

So im saying damper is faulty!

hi, if i put both the rears all the way down the rear passenger side wheel gets lost inside the arch and is really low! but the drivers side sits exactly the same and the top of the trye tread is about an inch and a half from the lip of the arch? just refuses to go down or even shift at all?

the two fronts are set exactly right and no issues, just one rear side :dapprove:

could the damper stick to such an extent that it wont let the car go down? ive tried sitting in the bopot and jumping about trying to 'bully' it down seems to be doing its job and taking all the bouncing about by going up ad down, so cant be sticking i doint think?

nope all looks as it should do, everuything in place anbd correct, just wont go down im afraid, il try taking the spring comletley out and lowering it of the jack very slowley or do u not reccomend this? just incase i collapse the damper or what not?

you only need to lower it enough to know whether or not the spring is holding things up. If you get bored you can remove the damper and do the same thing.

Thanks for the pics karl, much appriciated. Now i know my cable is in the right place in the braket ''the big hole''. it seems to be running through the bottom of the car correctly but wrongly over the axel causing the following..

Just been under the car and had another snoop about, after removing the spring i seen this! the handbrake cable in the pink piping is runing over the rear axel in a way that its managed to get itself trapped and pinned betwen the axel and the fuel tank, causing the rear axel to jam up and not allowing itself to go any lower...

how can i route the cable/piping corectly now, so i do not foul the fuel tank as this i think is overall problem..

IMG00152-20100703-1050.jpg

IMG00153-20100703-1051.jpg

right, from what i now know, ive disconnected the handbrake cable and pulled it out from through the hole in the bracket. now its been re-attached it to the C shaped clip on the side of bracket as seen in picture pulling it further away from the axel so it runs more parrallel with the axel and away from the fuel tank.

its nicely wedged in and a big tie wrap around through the hole and around piping just to secure it and for piece of mind. going to put the spring back in now and see if goes low now...:star:

springs in place, fgdfgfdg fail!! atleast the handbrake pipe wont rub anymore and get trapped up.

il try swap the springs over for eachother see if that works, if not try il try swap the dampers over for eacother. think this way would trouble shoot whats going wrong?

do you mean ive fitted them incorrectly? or what theve sent me is wrong?

i can only double check now as im taking all the rear appart again and trying to swao springs over and see if that works, if not try the swapping dampers around..

only way to tell/trouble shoot what the issue is..

Clio 172
as Fred says^

Think of it as a wobbly table, How would you fix that?.

could also be a bent axle??.

reoptingback with good news, changed the springs over and hey presto, its finally went down. have no idear why one spring would let it down and the other not?

its now sitting very low with springs changed around. both side sits really low now just drivers side is still about 10mm higher then rear left.. maybe a few miles and re-bedding might cure this. thanks for all the help

as for what fred said, even though adjusting other side to make it al sit level that would of ment id have to raise the opposite front passenger side to be high, making the front left higher than the front right? sorry abit confusing..

Last edited: