ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Highsports or AP coilovers.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Looking to get a set of coilovers for my MK3 and the two above are the only ones in my price range.

From what I gather FK coilovers go lower which is edging me in there direction but I don't want spend £500 just on tht.

So what do you think? Anyone know what the build quality is like in both and what the ride like?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Don't know about the ap ones, but the fk's are renowned to be the best budget coilover, for mk2's at least...

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Does anyone know what the build quality of FK coilovers are like ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Rubbish! The silverlines?! Konigsports are much better, i.e they don't rust. But the ride is shocking!

260% JCW
Depends on your preference, i think the ride on the Konigsports is fine. Firm but then what do you expect. Build wise they're great, German made and TUV approved.

BG 182
i had the FK konigsports on my old 172, was quite bumpy but i could lower to whatever i wanted (upto 100m iirc) and you can adjust the dampening too. Dont go with the highsports, spend a little extra cash amd go for konigs or even the silverline X