ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Highsports - Do the rear dampers fit the standard rear top mounts?

A Flamin' Red one
I'm finally (and hopefully) getting these fitted on Saturday but a question over whether the rear dampers fit the standard rear top mounts has arisen.

Can someone clarify please?

Much love!

Last edited:
  Charged Superleggera
rear top mount is basically made up of 2 rubber bits and a nut. you woudl need the rubber bits to fit them

Charged Superleggera
you cant use the standard rubber bits. the coilover rear shock should come with the 2 rubber bits and a nut to tighten it

A Flamin' Red one
This is what I have...

DSC00991.gif

DSC00993.gif

Charged Superleggera
yeh you are missing the 2 rubber bits on either side. you cant use the original though but you can order them im sure from fk.

Charged Superleggera
the rubber bits are the bump stops which are needed so that teh shock doesnt go shoot up through the boot. they look the same as teh ones ontop of these coilover rear shock. although they are v maxx tehy are idntical to teh fk ones

coilover_2.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
No mate!!! use the standard rubber ones, mine (FK's) didnt come with any i just used the old ones non came in the original (wrong) order either. just make sure you fit them the same way they came off the original dampers

Charged Superleggera
when i was fitting my coilovers v maxx i couldnt use the originals as they wouldnt fir. thought fk would be the same but saying that if you could use the originals why would fk include different ones?

A Flamin' Red one
So Bifcaids, you're saying that when you received your FK coilovers the bumpstops were missing, like mine are, and that the standard Renault OEM rear top mounts allow the FK rear dampers to be fitted but with a little persuasion?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea i wouldnt say they were missing isnt it abit strange they werent in both orders :S my dampers went stright on with the OEM bumpstops, bare in mind mines a nonsport but your coilovers are exactly the same as mine so i cant see that being an issue have someone guide it up threw the hole n you watch it n help them thats what i did as i couldnt get it threw the hole at first

Charged Superleggera
your also missing the top plate that sits immediatly below the nut but if you can use the standard ones then you wont need it as its built into teh rubber bit. give it a go mate with the standard ones and se how you get on

A Flamin' Red one
Cheers for your words guys. I'm heading to JMS tuning tomorrow to have them fitted by Jamesstone. He messaged me yesterday to say that he's had an issue with fitting FK Konigsports and was worried that the same would happen with my car, hence the reason for me starting this thread for a bit of background info.

Having done a forum search I've bumped an old thread in this section which seems to be of a similar scenario. I'm hoping that because the Highsports have a thinner piston rod thingy than the Konigsports, it will all be okay with the OEM bits :S

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
the thinner piston rods could possibly be the solution as i have highsports