ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing screwdrivered passenger door lock - best way?

2003 Clio dci 80
Hiya, someone has had a go at the passenger door lock on my Clio (before I bought it), but with the central locking playing up, I really need to fix it, lol!!

This is what the 'orrible scrote did:
th_2012-10-23110930_zpsde196f07.jpg
th_2012-10-23111006_zps8cd189c7.jpg

Is there a way to get a new lock working with my existing keys (retumbling the lock, or trying to salvage some of the innards of my barrel), or do I need to get a new lock set (passenger key, ignition key and petrol cap) off a breaker? I don't really want to be carrying 2 sets of keys around, so needs to all work off one set.

Cheers!

2003 Clio dci 80
Edit to say that I've just removed the shrapnel from just inside the lock with tweezers, and it does still work on the key. Damn, shoulda done that before taking it out!! Anyway, now it's out, any idea how to swap the internals from this lock into another one that hasn't been wrecked? Cheers :)