ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing nut for spare wheel jack and brace tray?

Clio 172 Cup
Hello all. My new Clio 172 Cup arrived to me without a jack or wheel brace kit, so I ordered one of eBay. However, it doesn't have the fixing nut needed to keep it in place in the wheel well. Does anyone have a pic of the part needed? I can probably just use a random wing nut or something, but wanted just to see what the official part is first.

Ta muchly.

qWqrzYc.jpg

Xo62lC5.jpg

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Hello all. My new Clio 172 Cup arrived to me without a jack or wheel brace kit, so I ordered one of eBay. However, it doesn't have the fixing nut needed to keep it in place in the wheel well. Does anyone have a pic of the part needed? I can probably just use a random wing nut or something, but wanted just to see what the official part is first.

Ta muchly.

qWqrzYc.jpg

Xo62lC5.jpg

If those are your pictures then you already have one, Its the yellow cone in the middle.

Clio 172 Cup
If those are your pictures then you already have one, Its the yellow cone in the middle.
Oh really? Because it doesn't screw on to anything, there's a big gap between the threaded bolt coming from the wheel well and the yellow cone. Which means it just rattles around when cornering. Surely there should be something to hold it in place?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Oh really? Because it doesn't screw on to anything, there's a big gap between the threaded bolt coming from the wheel well and the yellow cone. Which means it just rattles around when cornering. Surely there should be something to hold it in place?
Ah ok I get you now. Must be a nut missing then, I'd imagine any correctly sized but would work perfect.

If your car doesn't have a spare wheel (I don't think cups came with a spare one) take it all out & leave it in your garage (or wherever)

Clio 172 Cup
If your car doesn't have a spare wheel (I don't think cups came with a spare one) take it all out & leave it in your garage (or wherever)
I did think about that (and it's what I'm doing at the moment), but it's got the towing eye in it as well. Figured it was easier to lug it around, but I suppose it's no great loss.