ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting subs and amps

Milano Premier CTR
How can i hold down my subs and amps in my boot? i dont want to be doing any permanet damage to anything. help would be great. thanks:D

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i've built a false floor for mine and got my sub sitting in the middle of where my tool kit was inside my spare wheel!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
metal :S maybe into the back of the seat? bad idea if u fold the seats down a fair bit :) heavy duty velcro will do the job!1

Mégane RS
velcro wont hold the sub in a accident and last thing you want is a heavy sub flying round in the cabin

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
its in the boot...not as if you drive with your head in the boot so in an accident its goona squish ya!!

Polo + Micra
b3nje said:
its in the boot...not as if you drive with your head in the boot so in an accident its goona squish ya!!

nice one dumb ass

you see how much a 10kg sub box weights at 30mph:rolleyes:

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
will do :) its got a long way to travel to get to me :D mines in a false floor so i'm not fussed. even though i went 3months with a blanket underneath it wedging it to the back of my rear seats!!

Mégane RS
Dink said:
nice one dumb ass

you see how much a 10kg sub box weights at 30mph:rolleyes:

well said Dink, the sub can burst through your rear seats and into the cabin, just wanted to let you know that

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
mines well and trully jammed in with all sorts of crap i didnt knew i had.

works + kills two birds with one stone ;)

R35 GTR
you crash and the sub will break free and travel at what ever speed the car is, until it hits something. A sub will do you alot of damage, if not secure.

Mine is now bolted to a piece of mdf, wedged in boot as a false floor, not ideal, but better than nothing.

I would also anchor to the bolts that hold the isofix bar in.

Milano Premier CTR
good point i will now definetily be firmily be bolting it down sum how, ill have a llok in my booy how i could bolt it down.

Shhh
Got a piece of 3 or 5 ply to fit the boot. Use the outline of the carpet to make a floor. Can be done in sections. Bolt the sub / amp to the wood. Ideal for removal then.

Dont forget to put a bar across the seats to stop them from splitting.

1. If your in an accident, and have cargo in the boot, this is the weak point in the rear seats.

2. Stops thiefs getting into the boot from inside the car if they dont know about the central locking button on the dash. (id disconnect, or relocate that aswell)

muz

big fat japanese bus
sub out of box drill hole through floor of boot cover up your scratched paint with paint or sealant the use a big bolt

Only real way to be safe. I ahve seen the damage a flying sub can do Its Scary Really scary

As above, mdf false floor and screw it to it or bolt it to it.

I also always leave my rear belts done up when travelling - should the rear seat catches break and the seats fold down, hopefully the belts will stop them from doing so!