ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting sub and amp

RenaultSport clio 182
Not sure how to connect the amp to the battery on my 182, there doesn't seem to be any holes under the dash to feed the wires through, on the clio 1.2 i had there was a small hole on the passenger side but there isnt on the 182. ive been told that i will have to drill the hole myself. does anyone know of an easier way to get the wires connected?:S

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
sorry im hijacking your post mate! was going to do new post but thought it might be better under your topic!

so just wondering, is there an online guide to fitting speakers/subs and amps in a clio?

cheers:D

Renault Clio 172
HI
I pulled the wire through the hole, which was under the dash and from where the wire for opening the bonnet was. There was a gasket and thhrough the gasket ran the wire. So i make that hole bigger and i could pulled the wire for apm through this hole inside the car.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
As above. The grommet where the bonnet release cable goes through the firewall (passenger side) is what everyone uses.

K20 EG Hatch
Depends what size cable you got though mate.
With my 4 guage i had to drill a new hole in my 182 and put a gromet in it.

2001 Clio
I have a 2001 clio and i was having the same prolem trying to work out how to put the power lead through. Now i know where to put it through i was wondering if anyone could tell me how? I realise this is probably me being a dumb arse but any help would be gratefully recieved.

2001 Clio
Ive just taken another look at my car and to make my orginal question make more sense (maybe) how do i pull out the grommet to put the power cable through as well as the bonnet cable or do i make a hole through the grommet?

1.6 focus zetec....
You dont need to make another hole...just use some force!! In the passenger footwell theres a rubber gromet...mine went through there piece of p!ss!!

If you got any problems and in halesowen come and see me...

Kiza

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I heard someone once say that the put a nail down the end of the power cable to make it riggid so they could push it throughtthe gromet, once through they just cut it off.

Dave

BMW M135i
I've squeezed 4awg through the bonnet release grommet, just don't let it beat you and use plenty of brute force and ignorance and you'll get there. Took me a good 30 mins of fighting to get it through but once you can get a good handhold on it on the engine bay side your laughing.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I managed to get 0awg though the grommet in the firewall just took a bit of pressure and it got though easy enough.

Make sure the wire is safe though you wouldn't want it grinding away the plastic sleeve and making a short

2001 Clio
Thanks guys i've got it through made a meal of it and the grommets kinda popped out a bit but i pushed it so hard it made its own hole.