ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting rear 6x9s and wire help

MK1 Clio Versailles
I've brought some 6x9's and fitted them in the parcel shelf in the back of my MK1 Clio and I've routed the wire as best as possible.

However, I'm not sure how to fit the wires into the stereo itself. I've took some photos to show what the wires and the back of the stereo look like:

This is the end of the wire which comes from the speakers.

carwire1.JPG

An overview of the wires:

carwire2.JPG

The front speakers and power lead:

carwire3.JPG

And on the other side of the ISO, the other leads. The Green and Purple are supposedly for rear speakers:

carwire4.JPG

Another general image:

carwire5.JPG

On that basis then, can anyone give me advice on how to wire it up? I've got some spare cable with crimped ends and a bare end like the ones in the first image if I need to do any adjustments. I'm clear that the wires need to go into the other end of the green and violet wires on the ISO, but there is currently that white plug in it, which means you can't fit anything.

I'd appreciate any help, or if anyone can foward me to some guides. Cheers!

Rob Rymond said:
I've brought some 6x9's and fitted them in the parcel shelf in the back of my MK1 Clio and I've routed the wire as best as possible.

However, I'm not sure how to fit the wires into the stereo itself. I've took some photos to show what the wires and the back of the stereo look like:

This is the end of the wire which comes from the speakers.

carwire1.JPG

An overview of the wires:

carwire2.JPG

The front speakers and power lead:

carwire3.JPG

And on the other side of the ISO, the other leads. The Green and Purple are supposedly for rear speakers:

carwire4.JPG

Another general image:

carwire5.JPG

On that basis then, can anyone give me advice on how to wire it up? I've got some spare cable with crimped ends and a bare end like the ones in the first image if I need to do any adjustments. I'm clear that the wires need to go into the other end of the green and violet wires on the ISO, but there is currently that white plug in it, which means you can't fit anything.

I'd appreciate any help, or if anyone can foward me to some guides. Cheers!

ok, a) i would not bother but thats my personal opinion,

b) you will need to cut the wires in to the headunit and runthem direct yourself, you will need to solder (or just connect and wrap with tape, how some people do it)

what make is your h/u?

MK1 Clio Versailles
So I'd cut the wires where they leave the back of the radio and before it reaches the ISO plug? So I take it I'd cut the green and the violet and then connect the two bare ends?

The head unit is a Tevion CD/MP3.

Rob Rymond said:
So I'd cut the wires where they leave the back of the radio and before it reaches the ISO plug? So I take it I'd cut the green and the violet and then connect the two bare ends?

The head unit is a Tevion CD/MP3.

yes, where it leaves the plug cut about 8 inches away, the connect them from there,
Should sound good, but make sure you get the + &- correct or it will sound pants,

MK1 Clio Versailles
Ok cheers. Since I don't own a solder, I'll go for the tape method, but any suggestions for cutting the wire (can you do it with a pair of scissors?).

Rob Rymond said:
Ok cheers. Since I don't own a solder, I'll go for the tape method, but any suggestions for cutting the wire (can you do it with a pair of scissors?).

you can but be carefull, i learnt the hard way and just kept cutting the ends off, just run the siccors over the wire so you take the outer plastic off leaving the wire, the wrapp the 2 wires together then tape up nice and tight, use electrical tape though as normal selotape is shite.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Finally all sorted tonight :) I had a few loose wires at first and had to keep re-taping and connecting, but I think I've finally cracked it, pushed it in as normal and went for a drive to test the sound.

For a £20 set of speakers (Megavox X4 Metaline 400W) they sound fantastic. The bass is way way better than the front dash speakers I installed previously (infact I just drove round with the rear playing for enhanced bass effect).

Very pleased with my purchase :)

MK1 Clio Versailles
Finally all sorted tonight :) I had a few loose wires at first and had to keep re-taping and connecting, but I think I've finally cracked it, pushed it in as normal and went for a drive to test the sound.

For a £20 set of speakers (Megavox X4 Metaline 400W) they sound fantastic. The bass is way way better than the front dash speakers I installed previously (infact I just drove round with the rear playing for enhanced bass effect).

MK1 Clio Versailles

MK1 Clio Versailles

MK1 Clio Versailles

MK1 Clio Versailles

MK1 Clio Versailles