ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting PMS aircon delete.........what coolant?

RenaultSport 172
I've just been doing a bit of searching but can't find an easy answer.
I going to be fitting the PMS aircon delete kit to my ph1 soon. Any tips from anyone that's fit one? I've ready the guide and it all seems simple enough.

The other question is what coolant should I use? Can someone give me a link to the right stuff?

Thanks
Steve

330i. E30 Touring.
Type D coolant direct from Renault. £12 for 5 litres iirc.

Yep, aircon delete kit is as simple as it looks

RenaultSport 172
Apparently the system can take 7 litres. Will I actually fit all that in or can I get away with 5?

phase 1 flamer 172
With regard to the pms kit, I found it very hard to get the belt on.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Take the bottom pipe off the rad and collect your existing coolant. You'll loose hardly any and then it's a self bleeding system.

I followed the PMS guide and it covers everything :)

172 Ph1
Has the type D come a long way since I last used it ?
I think back in 1999 was the last time I used it and it was horrendous , it would leak out of every possible conceivable escape route and then crust up leaving stains everywhere , but it was pink in colour back then .
Isn't it green now ?

330i. E30 Touring.
Has the type D come a long way since I last used it ?
I think back in 1999 was the last time I used it and it was horrendous , it would leak out of every possible conceivable escape route and then crust up leaving stains everywhere , but it was pink in colour back then .
Isn't it green now ?

Coolant is coolant. Won't leak out of anywhere water won't.

Problem comes when you mix types iirc. Then it goes crusty ang horrible