ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new front seats

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Recently bought a new leather interior for my dynamique

was going to attempt to whip out the front seats when i was put off by all the wires

The old seats have pretensioners on the side, an airbag connection in the middle and then a bundle of wires going into the floor

The leather seats have no pretensioners atm, the airbag connection in the middle, another grey connection box in the middle which im confused by and the bundle of wires which have been cut

dunno where to start

do i cut the wires under my standard seats? and then solder them back in place?

halp:eek:

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
the seats are in my hall atm lol

anywho ive just niticed that the bundle of wires splits into two connections

a black box and a grey one

on the dynamique there is only the black connection box

what is the grey one for and wha do i do with it?

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
2 connections
P2082151Medium.jpg

leads into 3 sections one is cut
P2082152Medium.jpg

wire from the grey box lead to this, along side the subframe
P2082153Medium.jpg

Last edited:

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
ive heard that when you swap seats you have to rewire

can anyone give me some pointers about which wires need to go where

really stuck with this

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Hey!

Just seen your PM mate. Will reply to it in a bit.

Just referencing to the above.... the Grey block with yellow part on is the Pre-Tensioner wiring.

The Black Connectior with the red clip on is the Airbag wiring.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
yeah i was just about to say the above has. when i fitted mine, i was putting ph1 into a ph2 which had different wiring so i just left them undone. lol. if your swapping the whole seat with the runners it will be better as that thing in the last pic is fitted to the runner, so will break if you remove your seat from the car minus the runner.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Its really confusing!

on the dynamique there is not grey block, so no straight swap

i can get pics of each of the wiring under the seats tomorrow

ive heard people who have swapped seats in their driveway but i cant find out what i have to do, want the air bags and pretensioners to work tbh

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
my dynamique, a 52 plate, had both blocks on mine. its not stuck somewhere else is it? or running a different way, as you should have 2, one for airbag and one for pre-tensioners

on my dyna, there is two cabels a black knoted one runs under the capet and the other is connected, i dont mean to be rude but are you sure there isnt two cabels and your not just missing one?:S

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Drove it today and airbag and serv lights came on on the dash, i havent removed or touhed any of the wires :S

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
What is the little switch for in the bottom picture on NJ's post? (post 6). I know it goes on the drivers subframe but can I get rid of it when I stick my Cobra subframes on or do I have to fit it somewhere?