ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting new discs and Ferodo ds2000 pads

BG 182
hi ive just ordered myself some brembo hc discs and some Ferodo ds2000 pads ive read somewhere ithat i have to file down the pads to make them fit so they dont bind on when hot is this right? if anyone knows of a guide or has pics this would be much apprechiated! thanks!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
are you sure they are ds 2000, and not 2500?(never heard of ds 2000, I may be wrong though) the 2500 have to be filed down top and bottom in order to move freely in the carrier. about 1 mm of clearance on each side you file will be ok. get rid of the metal shims. word is they catch dirt and debris
when I fitted mine they went in the carrier but had no play, even with the shims out, so definitely need a bit of file
discs easy to fit, just 2 bolts holding them to the hub. careful when removing, they might be rusty and snap, wd40 on them before just to be on the safe side

BG 182
no defo ds 2000 got them from ebay think they are a older veirson of the ds2500 must be old stock or something.....so you say at least 1mm at top and bottom should do?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
no defo ds 2000 got them from ebay think they are a older veirson of the ds2500 must be old stock or something.....so you say at least 1mm at top and bottom should do?
1-1,5 mm max should do