ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting ktec stealth tomorrow, any tips for fitting?

172 cup
Hey, got a nice little delivery today :D
D4D06194-C3F5-4FF8-AD6C-300BE0C69AC0-1363-000000A4D9BAF993_zps4960fe7d.jpg

and inside . .
B207E6F1-5DC4-42BD-AB3F-4B1C33425EE9-1363-000000A4E05CDB94_zpsc5c281ca.jpg

Fitted the Ik earlier and absolutely love it!

Im gonna be fitting the exhaust tomorrow (ktec stealth) along with a sports cat.
Just thought someone may have a method or tips on fitting? Ive bought new spring fitting kit, along with new centre mount and a powerflex exhaust mount to go in the rear hanger .
I have had the standard one apart and fitted it back togethor, just want to make sure i fit it perfectly !!
any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, lee

172 cup
The exhaust is easy enough. Maybe one tip is use silicone such loctie for exhausts instead of exacts paste. Also get another person to help you with the cat, one under the car one holding the bolts in the engine bay.

Jack the car up on 4 Alex stands. Use something to support the cat, spilt from cat remove from the mounts, fit new exhaust clamp to the cat. Done.

I would check your exhaust mounts always a good time to replace them. A local will charge about £20 to fit it if you can't be bothered.

172 cup
Cheers for the replys, ive been out to pick up a chineese !
Ive got a mate to give me a hand aswell. Would halfords or local motor factors have the silicone? I hate exhaust paste!
Jay.s thanks, that is the way i was planning on doin. . Ive already picked up new mounts, on the old ones ive got millions of cable ties around lol !
Still in love with just the IK fitted, cant wait to get this fitted now !
Cheers lads

172 cup
Ahh good ! I'll have a look on youtube now i havnt heard one !
Will let you know how i get on !