ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting KRS exhaust

clio 172
So iv picked up this used KRS exhaust and was hoping for some advice on fitting it. The guy I got it from Said just cut the standard exhaust and push this over it but doesn’t sound right to me. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• IMG_9118.JPG
    IMG_9118.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 52
  clio 172
What car, assume clio?

Just remove the old and fit this one?

Sorry yer it’s a 172. I thought that but I got under it and there’s no section to undo, the previous owner has cut what I think was the cat out and welded a bit of pipe in.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So it’s got a decat?

The above pic is the centre and back box. Can you not just remove the centre and back on the car currently

clio 172
So it’s got a decat?

The above pic is the centre and back box. Can you not just remove the centre and back on the car currently

I did lay the system under the car and there’s no join where it finishes. He’s hasn’t used a decat pipe he’s just welded a long bit of pipe in so I think he’s cut the join out.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
How did he have it fitted?

I’m assuming he means by sliding the centre over the exsisting pipe.

Other idea would be to take it to an exhaust place and get them to give you an idea.

What’s krs?. Not heard of that make.

Not a Ktec?

clio 172
Do you think I’d be able to seal it ok if I cut it and slid it over ? It’s Ktec I was looking on there website and they put krs sorry I had it in my head when I was whiting the post

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah providing the join/gap seals properly.

The centre on the Ktec does slide over and clamps to the pipe on the car now.

clio 172
I’ll get some exhaust paste and give it a go. Thanks for your help

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You will need an exhaust clamp mate.

The centre on the exhaust you bought will slide over what you have now.

clio 172
I got a couple of clamps with the system so should have what I need. Should it seal ok without any sealer ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No problem. Been a long day, but pretty sure I’ve had this style exhaust on an old track car, sounded good

Let us know how you get on.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi. Did you sort this?? Just looked through and you are missing a small joining piece that bolts to rear of the Cat and the center pipe then slides over and is clamped to it @ian173